• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

C5 vent tube diagram

r1hatman

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Does anyone know where I can get a diagram of the 83 C5 vent tube diagram? I rebuilt my c5 about 5 months ago and put it in and couldn't get my hand up there to reconnect the vent tube to the nipple that came off the transfer case and it had a nipple cap on it and it ran and shifted fine. I just got my 3' body lift done and reconnected it and now it shifts real late and hard? So I was wondering if I got the tubes right, but there really isn't another one to connect it to here?:icon_confused::icon_thumby: Any help would be great. At this point if i don't get it, I'm gonna cap it again!

r1hatman

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic

slammer67

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger
Transmission
Automatic
The vent tube has nothing to do with how the tranny shifts. I bet your vacuum modulator is not hooked up - that does affect shifting.
I have my vent tied into the vent for the transfer case and doubler and run up into the engine bay to keep water out. If you dont plan on water crossings, just leave the nipple cap thing on it.

r1hatman

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I have a hose running to my modulator from the vacuum tree. The tube I hooked into the nipple that comes off the transfer case comes from the vent tube that runs up from the top of the tranny and back down to the other side?

r1hatman

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I was thinking since I lifted it, it could be a bound up kick down lever. I'll check that out next.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals