• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

brake warning light on

goldxlt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
noticed that the brake light in the instrument panel was on yesterday, found that my pass rear wheel cylinder was leaking. replaced that and bleed only that wheel. now the light is still on. i took it around the block and it feels like i should try bleeding every wheel. would this light come on because there is air in the lines or should i be looking for another problem?

Earl43P

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford F250 4WD
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Really only two ways to light that light.

Parking brake switch and reservoir low switch.

PB switch is a ground seeker (check for full pedal release) and the reservoir switch is a magnetic switch, float gets low - makes the contacts.

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Automatic
Try turning your key to accy and press hard on the pedal a couple times. I dont know if it was BS but it was suggested in an earlier thread and cant hurt anything.

srteach

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1999, 2001
Make / Model
Ranger, F350
Engine Size
4.0L, 7.3 Diesel
Transmission
Manual
If you had a leak, fill the reservoir. As stated before, low level and parking brake switches, either one could cause the light. (That and dying from non-working brakes. You could see a light then, too.)

goldxlt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
ok thank you for the replys, took it apart to day and this is the final conclusion, light came on when fluid level got low, i then took the drum apart to replace wheel cylinder, tried the parking brake after to make sure i got everything all hooked up correctly, this caused it to stick on, probably because i hardly use it but it was really enough for me to notice, every thing is good now, thanks.

RangerMerica51

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
i got kinda the same problem, my ABS light is on and when i push the throttle the E-brake light comes on till i shift, then goes off when i shift until i hit the gas again? definatly need some advice

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals