• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Bolts through cab mount locations, Pro's and Con's??

Jraymer360

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
so my cab mounts are still wasted making it unsafe to drive and my body isn't in the best shape. to do it the right way i'd have to put a new radiator core support in and my cab is a little too rusty to save so i'm just going to replace the whole cab later on down the road. for now, would it be viable to put just large bolts with thick washers without the bushings? i probably won't really be driving it much but to the scrap yard and maybe the sand dunes in april. wondering besides a worse ride, what else could go wrong??

PanamaExpat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4 liter
Transmission
Manual
Well... I haven't done it but I have seen guys use chunks of 2X4 and 4X4 to space the cab off the frame before. Soak them in old motor oil for a few days before you put them in. The only thing I would say you would notice is more vibration since you no longer have the rubber mounts damping it. Beyond that... not sure... I am sure someone will flame me for giving you this advice but hey...

Remember it's the bolts that do the work not the spacers.

Mac

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Ford used wood to mount the body for years, not the best idea in your case I would say. You could make some large washers from some stock steel flats that might work better.
Dave

Frank The Tank

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Hockey pucks. I have drilled a hole in a steel plate before and sprayed a cpl layers of bed liner on it for a (slightly cushioned) engine mount its not comfortable but it wont rattle.

Jraymer360

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
well these are all better ideas than my buddies, he told me to weld the cab to the frame. :icon_rofl:

well it's only 40 bucks for the bushings so i might just do it and do 5/6 of them ...i'm sure that's more than enough as the only thing i plan on doing is scrap yard runs and if i go to the dunes i'll probably be stuck 3/4 of the time .

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals