• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Bigger Injectors

reggioisme

June 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l 4 cylinder
Transmission
Manual
I'm looking to add a couple more pounds on the injectors is there any other vehicles that i can swap right in to a 96 2.3

Beanmachine7000

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Why do you need bigger injectors? Ford paid somebody alot of money to do alot of math to figure out how big the injectors need to be on your engine...

4b316

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
The red tops out of a mustang 302 work well and bolt in deal.The gray tops that are stock, are marginal at any sustained rpm,s but are adequate for most street driving.(Grassroots Racing magazine fuel injector test).Here is another site to find out what you need http://www.rceng.com/technical.aspx

reggioisme

June 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l 4 cylinder
Transmission
Manual
well it would had more fuel in the motor in returned wouldnt that mean that there would be more power and its not like i want to put a big injector on the motor i just want something that is a couple more lbs of fuel, i want to do this if it would be worth it, but im not sure that there is a decent power gain. Also if i added the injectors would i have to had a fuel regulator to it?

4b316

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
As long as you don't go over 24 lbs the stock pump,if in good condition,will support it.We don't run a regulator on the race truck and run about 45lbs but it is hard on the pump.We used to replace a pump twice a season,about 8 races,20 laps per race,1/2 mile per lap=80 miles plus heat races and hot laps.Go to the above site to figure what you need.

Beanmachine7000

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Yeah, but just swapping out injectors won't do anything unless you force more air into the engine to burn the extra fuel... Normally you would swap injectors if you exceed the rate of what the stockers can do... Like if you're pushing boost and you lean out, then you would swap injectors... Now, if you planning on slapping a turbo on it, then I could see a need for bigger injectors, but the only power you'll gain from upgraded injector is however much it lightens your wallet...

Psychowolff

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
25L
Transmission
Manual
I have been looking at trying to find other injectors that will fit my 2.5L too. am not looking to get more power out of it, just looking at a cheaper way to get a set of injectors. the 4.0 and 3.0 engine Injectors or 19# / 24# ones are on Ebay and I can buy a set of 6 (or even 8!) for less than a set of 4 that are stock for the 2.5L.

Am I wrong in thinking that even with a 19# Injector, (or even a 24#) the O2 sensor/ fuel management will still only inject what it needs? It is just a shorter duration pulse, Right??

I have been searching for a few hours about this and can't seem to find anything about what Injectors I could use as an upgrade / swap. OK, I do get a bit sidetracked too! :) so much info here but hard to find what I want!

Psychowolff

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
25L
Transmission
Manual
Just looked up the prices at AZ online. 2.5L $62 each, 3.0L are 55 each and the 4.0L are 45 Each.

Psychowolff

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
25L
Transmission
Manual
anyone have a clue? anyone know where there might be a post reguarding the size difference and which ones might fit??

Thanks in advance!

mongo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
well i read somewhere that the 2.3 ranger up to 2000 ran real lean thats when you go to wot you actouly bog down because your allready getting to much air with the factory cai

so bigger injectors should ballance it out right?

johndeeregarner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 STX 5-Speed
Transmission
Manual
Why do you need bigger injectors? Ford paid somebody alot of money to do alot of math to figure out how big the injectors need to be on your engine...
Yeah man, the injectors that you have in it stock is all that you need. Bigger ones are just going to mess you up.

Sasquatch_Ryda

Ford Technician
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
40s
well i read somewhere that the 2.3 ranger up to 2000 ran real lean thats when you go to wot you actouly bog down because your allready getting to much air with the factory cai

so bigger injectors should ballance it out right?
Lean is not a bad thing. Lean actually makes more power than running rich would. As long as its not so lean its pinging, it's fine.

fastpakr

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
285/75-16
All bigger injectors by themselves would do is push the system towards the end of its adaptive limits and make the idle a bit rougher (because the pulsewidth will be shorter so it's more difficult to accurately meter fuel).

Completely waste of money for negative gains.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals