• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Auxiliary switch panel mounting locations (99 xcab)

Drw0392

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger 4x4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Hey all, I will be mounting a 50" curved light bar over the weekend, and I already have a couple other auxiliary devices. I'd like to combine them all into one switch panel; both for ease of use and aesthetic purposes. I am thinking of ordering this auxiliary switch panel unit from Amazon. https://photos.app.goo.gl/99JkbajPqBv1ayU16 I was hoping that y'all might be able to help me find a place to mount it that is easy to access, easy to install, and visually pleasing w/o being the center of attention. Any ideas? Maybe inside the center console? Thanks guys and gals!

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
1999 Ranger should have a double DIN Radio, you could switch to single DIN to free up space

Picture here of a single DIN radio in a double DIN opening: https://carfromjapan.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/single-din-player.jpg

Some mount switches to the A-Pillar, I find it distracting, especially lighted switches

Do you have a manual or automatic?
If auto then a different center console could be used, loads to chose from at wrecking yards

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals