• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

auto to manual tranny, wires needing to be splice for 4x4

90rangersuper

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Aright, i think its about time i get my 4x4 working, i switched to a manual tranny in the spring, spliced some wires together to get the truck to start, i have 3 wires left over, what ones need to me spliced together to make my electronic transfer case to work, haynes manual was worthless on this one. Im putting a new shift motor on today so im hoping to get this done soon. Any help would be great.

90rangersuper

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
nobody knows this one, i guess i am gonna have to try and figure this one out, ill let you know --- hopefully

Totalled

Law Enforcement
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
8 rabid gophers
Transmission
Automatic
The red wire with the white stripe that went to the neutral safety switch on the automatic needs to be grounded for the computer to think that you have put the rig into neutral or on a manual trans rig, pushed in the clutch. Did you hook up the clutch switch when you put the manual in? You'll need to splice the red/white wire into the cranking circuit so that it sees ground when you push in the clutch. I spliced it into the light blue/pink wire at the fender well plugs on the drivers side that the trans harness' plug into.

Or, you can simply hook that red/white wire up to a ground and just remember to be stopped and have the clutch pushed in when you switch to 4 low, cause it would then shift into 4 low at any time.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals