• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

AOD Band adjust

Reaction score
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I have a 92 Ranger 4.0 trans slipping like crazy are there band adjustments and if so how before I turn what I think are adjustments the wrong way , I just need to use the truck for a little bit before I get a replacement

Dave

PS, yes it has fluid in it, yes it is full, yes is the correct fluid an no its not burned

Last edited:

Chris_1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Band adjustment screws are on the driver's side exactly opposite the servo covers (round things on the passenger side). They work together from opposite sides. Loosen locknut, tighten adjuster screw to 10 to 12 inch pounds. Then loosen adjusting screw exactly 2 full turns. Hold adjuster at that position and tighten locknut. Also check the vacuum hose on the modulator while you're under there.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals