• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

ANYONE from KELOWNA B.C. or the okanagan area??

Chris.S.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
We've really got a meet of some sort together I think.

Looks like I'm free for the day on Friday the 11th or Saturday the 12th...

Andres629-I've got some time to kill today and I've lost your phone # so i might drop in the afternoon to see if you're around-I'll bring those lights with me too...

Chris.S.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
boooooom first post!

Downtown Kelowna here. Pretty sure I spotted Chris.S at Lordco last night.
Lol, wasn't me but I can be spotted around town-usually in a drive-through line up...

Andres629

Article Contributor
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985/91
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 screamer
Transmission
Automatic
Chris S., seem to have lost your number as well. May be here most of the afternoon!

cstishenko

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
thanks boys.

I got my truck a few days ago. I previously had an 08 Mazdaspeed3. With the new speeding laws, I found myself getting into trouble. Now i've been to the top of Black Mountain already since I got the truck, and it is a really nice change.

Just did a torsion lift last night, will be getting my toe set shortly. Tonight, i'm throwing on a K&N 57 series intake with hopes that I can boost the fuel economy slightly.

Other than that my plans are to throw a decent stereo in it, and drive :) Keep a look-out. White/char FX4 lvl 2 w/alcoas.

-Craig

cstishenko

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
btw, what are your guys thoughts on having an intake on the 4.0 4x4? Not alot of people seem to like the idea, but it was free (new) and i'm looking to boost fuel economy.

and how imperative is it that i get the toe set immediately/ dont drive much after doing the torsion lift? noone can set the toe until monday at this point.

Andres629

Article Contributor
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985/91
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 screamer
Transmission
Automatic
Well, I've never seen a K&N 57 intake, but factory your truck is set up with a cold air intake. It pulls from just overtop the passenger side fender if I'm not mistaken. If the K&N doesn't draw from outside the engine bay, don't do it, you'll only lose power. If it does, fly at 'er. Hope to see you around, maybe hit some trails!

morbert

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Downtown Kelowna Here

Hi to all others in the area.

Andres629

Article Contributor
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985/91
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 screamer
Transmission
Automatic
Hey buddy, where you located?

Chris.S.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
and how imperative is it that i get the toe set immediately/ dont drive much after doing the torsion lift? noone can set the toe until monday at this point.
I'm alittle late on the reply so you've probably already figured this out.

TT shouldn't affect toe at all, just camber. I've TT'd (2", no more)two trucks (an 07 I sold off and my current 10) and neither of them have actually needed any aligning afterwards...

cstishenko

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah, I twisted the first time almost to the top and it rode a little rough for my liking.. I came down on the twist a bunch of turns and it rode much nicer. I got it aligned after at RH by CDN tire. The toe was indeed out. Not a huge amount, but being that I was about to replace my 48,000 km old 31/10.5/15 BFG AT's with a fresh set of Wranglers... I was'nt about to take a chance.

I'd like to get a little more twist on the bars, as the front is still a tad low.... But I dont want to increase the suspension stiffness too much more. I was thinking about getting the ready lift torsion keys, but am not sure that I want to go that far with the truck. Where did you get the 2" lifted shackles?

btw: completely happy with the K&N intake. Sounds mean, increased the fuel mileage a little.. And I noticed every bit of the 16?hp they claim it will gain at the wheels.

Last edited:

Andres629

Article Contributor
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985/91
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 screamer
Transmission
Automatic
Go to Alsek Spring & Fab, he can get you a set of Belltech 6400 2" lift shackles next day.

cstishenko

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I'm going to try bringing up the front end again with a few more turns on the keys. The last thing I want is increased stiffness. Aparently the readylift keys will eliminate this problem?

Right now I'm 6 turns out from full crank. If I can get a decent ride with a little more height, i'll call Alsek and order up a set of shackles.

Andres629

Article Contributor
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985/91
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 screamer
Transmission
Automatic
Try cranking your T-bars up a bit and removing your sway bar. With the increased stiffness of the cranked t-bars it will eliminate body roll, but you will get a better ride out of it without the sway bar. I run both my lifted rigs without sway bars and I'd venture to say they handle better on road and are definitely less-sketchy to drive with the sway bar removed. You'd think the opposite, lifted vehicle with no sway bar = mega sketch. But that is most definitely not the case.

cstishenko

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Really? I do alot of in-city driving aswell, and this is just as much a daily driver as it is a trail rig. If it's your honest opinion, i'll give it a whirl.

I have a set of 2" billet wheel spacers coming to bring my Alcoas out a little too. I figured as I'm going up a little, a little added stability would be nice too.

Andres629

Article Contributor
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985/91
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 screamer
Transmission
Automatic
Really really. I daily drove my Ranger up until it got a VI issued on it. It's a 4" suspension/3"body lifted truck on 33's and it was awesome on road with no sway bars. I could definitely notice more body roll through corners, but it was most certainly not unstable by any means. With a stiffer suspension there is already less body roll than normal, no sway bar will just eliminate the need for your tires to go up and down more in unison. I'd say go for it, if you don't like it, put it back on and go with your original plan. But no sense spending more money than you have to!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals