• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Anyone do the O'Reiley's gift card for recycled oil offer?

Str8sixfan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Automatic
On April 30th I was due for an oil change. So to keep the costs of my SAS down I decided to buy against the brand I usually put in my truck and spend a little more than I normally would to get the Valvoline oil that uses recycled oil some how. Anyway O'Reiley's was doing a special that if you bought a 5qt jug and returned your old oil you could get a $20 gift card. I sent my info in within the week of buying the oil and haven't received the rebate yet. Anyone else experiencing the same?

I've been itching to buy the unit bearing I need to help get my D30 back together, but I keep holding off until I get the gift card. I'm usually a patient person, but I'm starting to wonder if I'm getting left out in the cold after a month of waiting.

pcollins

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
GMC
Engine Size
4.8L
Transmission
Automatic
Rebates can take quite a while to come back in the mail with some companies.

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO carbed with an np435 and np208
Transmission
Manual
I get my unit bearings for my D30 off rockauto.com. Large selection of different brands but I got my timken one for $85 shipped vs everywhere else in town that wants over a hundred for the same one.

As for doing rebate thing, I wrong do them. Not worth the wait and sometimes you may never see the rebate either, my dad has had that happen to him with pepboys.

Also I asked them that of the oil came out of a mustang will it make my truck perform as such, they said no, so I use what I normally get. But above all, the used motor oil cost more then the stuff I get that is new plus I use high mileage motor oil too.

Btw, I use penzoil and a fram filter. For you guys against fram :thefinger:

Sent from my SGH-T499 using Tapatalk 2

Str8sixfan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Automatic
I've seen that rockauto thrown around online for the unit bearings. We'll see.

I've done plenty rebates in my time, just seems like they happen within a month or less. Although watch it will probably be in the mail box tomorrow!

I don't have anything against fram, though I don't see what makes them so special anyway. I always get the motorcraft one...but yea I don't see much difference in oil company to company, never had never will...but there is only one company I've ever heard negative things about, and that's Penzoil. Probably 3 different occasions since I've been of driving age (which I guess now that's almost 13 years!), never solicited either. So that's honestly the only brand I will stay away from.

Last edited:

pcollins

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
GMC
Engine Size
4.8L
Transmission
Automatic
Eh. I know acouple guys who put Walmart oil in their trucks. And while I know oil is oil for just a simple daily driver, I try not to use supertech or FRAM. The motorcraft oil and filters around here are actually fairly cheap. I think my last oil change was like $20 buying the oil/filter from walmart and doing it myself. If there was a better alternative for cheaper I'd be using that. FWIW on my last 3 trucks the warranty was gone so I used quaker state from day one. I'm only using Motorcraft oil now to try and uphold my warranty (first new truck).

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Never done the rebate, used oil gets dumped in a tank for the oil burner next winter. :icon_twisted:

pcollins

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
GMC
Engine Size
4.8L
Transmission
Automatic
Never done the rebate, used oil gets dumped in a tank for the oil burner next winter. :icon_twisted:
Yea, ours gets used to either

A) start the burnpile at the farm or
B) As bar and chain oil in the chainsaws after running it thru a paint gun filter:icon_twisted:

cody93

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
here in arkansas we generally dont spent extra just to protect the enviroment, unless it cost less then we dont care :p

Fram filters have been known to disentigrate inside the filter, i use motorcraft filters personaly, wix and purolator would be my next choices

armadillon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I always heard Fram uses a 20+ old design and it wasn't as reliable. I've used it before but personally never had a problem. I do use Wix and Motorcraft when I have the option. VatoZone always gives a combo discount for oil/Fram filter and that cheapness goes in my 89 Jimmy with a 4.3. That thing is unstoppable at 257,000 miles no rebuild.

Str8sixfan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Automatic
Well it finally showed up in the mail today...so, I'll find something to apply it to the SAS...

Actually probably should buy plugs/wires. It's in dire need of a tune up. :thefinger:

racsan

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/escape
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5/151 I-4
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/70/16
My credo
the grey-t escape
shoot ive used nothing but pennzoil since ive been driving, never saw my dad use anything but pennzoil, for the most part if the engine is getting up to proper temperature & you change the oil when your supposed to, you can use nearly anything. wish i could just take used oil to the store & cash it in, must have 15 gallons of used oil in jugs. had been thinking of getting a waste oil furnace, havent yet, but ive got the used oil. ha ha.

det107

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I just got the coupon from Advance Auto in mail. We'll see-
Rebates can take quite a while to come back in the mail with some companies.
I'm still waiting for my T-shirt (won it fair & square from taking a quiz) from Royal Purple-

Twister

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985 1987
Make / Model
Duh
Engine Size
5.0L, 2.9L
Transmission
Manual
I just got the coupon from Advance Auto in mail. We'll see-

I'm still waiting for my T-shirt (won it fair & square from taking a quiz) from Royal Purple-
I never got my shirt either :icon_rofl:

Psychopete

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
same here, that was a long time ago, completely forgot about that :icon_confused:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals