• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Anyone do CAD drawings?

94STXRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 302
Transmission
Manual
When i was in school i did a little. Drew up a ford 3.0L in 3d Autocad 2007. Pretty cool. Shut the server down a few times with all the info lol.

CopyKat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I need drawings of parts I'm going to make. I can't go out and measure what I don't have yet. :p
If you don't know how to make a simple flange, then don't try designing stuff. If you have no clue as to how the original is made.............:stop: Just stop there and open your Lund accessories catalog.

I'm all for guys that want to DIY. But getting someone else to do the work for you so that you can make the parts:nono:

Like I said before I charge $50/H

If you had a file of an adapter plate to bolt an M90 Supercharger to a 4.0L OHV then I maybe we could trade some files. BTW I have the parts here and I could do it myself but I'm feeling lazy.:haha:

2fast4you

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
ford
Transmission
Automatic
i can draw tat's if that counts lol

Dave R

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Kaiser
Transmission
Manual
I need drawings of parts I'm going to make. I can't go out and measure what I don't have yet. :p
:icon_confused:

If you need drawings of things to make, can't you make the first prototype either without or with only a crude set of specs/drawings? You have to start from somewhere. The parts that you want to build are, obviously, going to attach to something, perhaps start with the bolt pattern of that something and working your way backwards from there.

It would probably help if you were a bit more specific on what you wanted to create.

If all you want to do is create your own drawings of parts, you don't need a lot of experience or tools, as long as you can print at true 1:1 on a laser printer or etc. to check your work. Also need to have a caliper, machinist's protractor, accurate scale, and a lot of patience/time on your hands.
Sounds like an excellent suggestion to me.

Even when I do manual high level CNC machine programming at work, the Z axis is controlled through the assignment of specific layer names that correspond to a unique cutting tool and the distance it runs above the bed of the machine. The X and Y axis are controlled from a polyline in an AutoCAD drawing that has been exported to dxf and sent downstairs to the router.
I still can't get used to the new fangled machines that do not require G-code. I don't trust anything that I can't read along with.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals