• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Amp issues

Blacked-Out FX4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I have 1000w Profile 2 channel amp. This past weekend a few of my friends and I got together for a bonfire and my amp will turn off automatically when it senses it getting too hot. There was some drinking involved and I forget to let it cool down for a bit and it hit that point. And now it wont come on at all. I haven't had time to check the wires yet as I'm working 6 days a week. Other than the wires getting crimped or cut what could I do to test it? I'm good with wiring and such, but trouble-shooting is not my strong suit.

baxtej44

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
how long were you running it? are you running it at full power? does it have adequate air flow around it? does it have a cooling fan?

you may have ruined it.

or it may just be a bad ground or something.

RangerFabWorks

The O.G blackwidow67
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
sounds like ya cooked it. but test the connections and you may find a bad ground or a bad lead.

but if it got hot enough to trip, and you didnt let it cool down, its toast. time for an upgrade.

strvger

Reaction score
the land of 2 seasons-Winter and getting ready for
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
is there a circuit breaker or fuse that needs to be reset or replaced? i believe most of the better amps have circuit protection built in for those situations, no?
just a thought.

lepp1892

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Same thing happened to my amp.... :(

Blacked-Out FX4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
how long were you running it? are you running it at full power? does it have adequate air flow around it? does it have a cooling fan?
I haven't had time or daylight to check my connections yet. A few hours. Air flow isnt very restricted. And no cooling fan.
is there a circuit breaker or fuse that needs to be reset or replaced? i believe most of the better amps have circuit protection built in for those situations, no?
just a thought.
Still havent checked but I hope to do that tonight after work if the sun is still up. If I toasted it oh well.:headbang: I got it for $100 from crutchfield 2 years ago. She served her purpose very well. Now say it is fried, I would like to keep the same kind of power. What would you guys recommend for 1000w 2 channel?:icon_confused: I am running 2 10" infinity reference subs.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals