• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Air horn

redneck_rainey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0ltr
Transmission
Automatic
I had been looking at hornblasters brand trainhorns and my exseen tht and went to autozone and ordered a Wolo dual chime airmax for me, its a cheapo lol, its a 118 decibals, but high frequency. im looking for an old rig in a JY to pull the trumpets off of and hook it to my direct drive comperssor, any used tumpets for sale or suggestions? thanks

88 danger ranger

i just got some train horns for mine not too long ago if you know what a harbourfreight is they had some with the compressor and two horns along with the relay and all tubing and wiring needed for about 20 bucks they are small and i stuffed them in between the grill and the rad support and mounted the comp in the driver saide engine bay they put out 136dbs which is pretty loud.. whenever i honk it at people the whole intersection will stop lol its great but check em out they are online too i was pleased with them they are at harbourfreight.com just type horn into the search box

Jason

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
(formerly) 200
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
You'd have to rig up the pullcord too or it won't be right.

redneck_rainey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0ltr
Transmission
Automatic
are the ones from harbour freight short little plastic trumpets ( only about 8inches long) are they deep? cause thats about what i have and its toooooo dinky for me. i mean yea sure its loud as hell but its about the equivalant of hooking a air hose to a bike horn.

MUDDING B-3000

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 , 1992
Make / Model
Ford , Ford
Engine Size
7.3L , 4L
Transmission
Manual
i have international dump truck air horns mounted behind my grill on my 92 ranger. just ran an air line to a air spray handle then to a 7 gal air pig behind my seat. an all i can say is i run it at 120 psi an its retardedly loud, not as loud as true train horns but makes do.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals