• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Adding power Doors

Ptymn

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
I'm new here so I'm not sure where to post this under. But, i have a 2004 2.3 ranger and I have manual windows in it. Would it work if I take power doors from another ranger and install them? If it can be done, I assume there will be a fair ammount of wiring involved, since my truck doesnt have power doors. Unless the harness is already installed for the option?? Im not afraid to do some wiring, just want to know if it'll work. Im tired of javing manual windows. Thanks!

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
As far as the hardware side, the doors aren't any different between manual and electric windows. You can just get the regulators and motors from a vehicle and install them in yours. As far as the wiring, I suspect the harness is already equipped with the needed plugs but I'll deffer to someone who has actually did the conversion to give the best answer. I know other brands of vehicles I've owned in the past had the plugs already wired into the harness for upgrade options and accessories since it is easier and cheaper for the manufacturer to minimize the number of parts they have to stock between trim levels on the assembly line.

ExploreNW

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
Tire Size
235/75/15
It's a solid maybe on the harness being pre-equipped. Due to various conditions in manufacture such as parts on hand or intended use, there are really three options you could discover:
1. The wiring harness has the needed plugs in place and a relay socket & fuse in the fuse panel that are equipped with real connectors.
2. The wiring harness is in place and the fuse panel has dummy/NA connectors, or vice versa.
3. The wiring harness does not have the plugs and the fuse panel does not have sockets.
Keep in mind. You are most likely to find option 3. Not to discourage you however - I have actually seen cold plugs in doors and cold plugs under seats for power seat upgrades too.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals