• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

AC Panel Knob Wiring Diagram

muwaha

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Transmission
Automatic
@RonD So based on what you said, I couldn't get away with a simple toggle (on/off) switch to engage the AC.
I seem to have lost my Chilton Repair Manual Book so I lost all my notes.

I got the main belt with AC Support, and I plan on getting the Accumalator and line next pay. So if I can try to get this figured out (since I can't seem to buy the knob by itself, I have to order the whole AC Control Panel)

I'm still trying to do some research on this.

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Yes, it is just an on/off switch for AC control

I would use a relay in engine bay, safer that running TWO larger 12volt wires(10amp) in and out of the cab to the switch
Relay just needs one small ground wire to activate it from the cab

12v----Relay(coil)---------------------(firewall)---------------switch-----cab ground

This is what all automakers do with most relays, ground activated to avoid 12volt wiring that can short out
You can also use lighted switch, they have smaller round push button switches that light up when "on"

AC needs 10amp fused power, generally in the older systems that 10amps runs thru the pressure switches and then to the AC relay, so compressor can't be turned on if pressure is too low, or high, which would burn out compressor

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals