• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

98+ IFS Turning Radius

simpler=better

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mercedes
Transmission
Automatic
Long time lurker here.

I've got a 1998 2WD with the lovely IFS. It rides great, but the turn radius is HORRIBLE. My old '93 2WD could turn on a dime, but the '98 turns worse than an extended cab F350.

Are there any parts I can swap out to get a better turn radius? Different R&P, linkage, etc?

Dune Runner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1999 4.0
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Stock wheels or wheels with more offset? It will make a difference.

Rangurr

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
I think I've heard of some people grinding the lower control arm to make more room due to rubbing problems. I'll look around and see if I can find anything.

simpler=better

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mercedes
Transmission
Automatic
I'm running 15" alloy wheels from a 1989 Ranger, forgot to mention that. The tire OD is spot on-my speedometer matches my GPS within 1mph across the board.

I looked at the control arms, but the hub backing (probably the wrong term) doesn't make it to the factory bump stops.

It's not so terrible I can't live with it (been riding around for 3 years now) but I would like to be able to turn around without going Austin Powers on it.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals