• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

97 ext cab, fw d44 & 9inch, foa 14" coilovers, on 38s....finally done, somewhat.

crazywhiteboy

May 2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
hey first off i wanted to say sick truck man i love it and, secondly if you are still looking for that rearend my buddie has a rear end for sell, i belive it is a dana 60 and i know for a fact that it is possi it came out of his 1984 f-250 or 350, i belive it was a 84 and i know it was a 7.3l and he wants like 300 bucks for it. and were are not to far from u but u may not wana drive this far to get it idk but it is possi and u wouldnt have to weild the gears:icon_welder:
thank you!! im pretty happy with it myself(when i get to drive it, lol):icon_thumby:

is it a 60 or 10.25? i mainly want a 10.25 due to it having 35slpines, pretty damn near in-destructable, and cheap as hell.and im pretty partial to fully locked rears, either welded or spool(cheap!:thefinger:)

Josh40601

U.S. Military - Veteran
OTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991/2001
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I got one here for 100 bucks if you want it. Are you guys still running the con Labor Day weekend?

crazywhiteboy

May 2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I got one here for 100 bucks if you want it. Are you guys still running the con Labor Day weekend?
100 bucks sounds great, but i dont see myself going down there anytime soon. im hoping to have the tons built and swapped in before the trip also. but yes, the trip is still planned for the weekend after labor day, 9/9-9/12.

Josh40601

U.S. Military - Veteran
OTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991/2001
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
damnit! Stop moving it! lol.

Doesn't look like i am going to be able to make it with you guys. Labor Day weekend is the last weekend i would be able to go. D goes on a semi 9/16

crazywhiteboy

May 2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
damnit! Stop moving it! lol.

Doesn't look like i am going to be able to make it with you guys. Labor Day weekend is the last weekend i would be able to go. D goes on a semi 9/16
i know, its pretty hard to keep a group of people satisfied with a solid date. ill talk to them to see if anyone has any interests in going twice, cuz i sure wouldnt mind. maybe we'll do a run in the middle of august with a few of my buddies, then ill have my fam and friends come in september. would you be able to make it to the august trip IF there is one?

are you moving back to ky after labor day?

Josh40601

U.S. Military - Veteran
OTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991/2001
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
My Ranger (D) is going on a semi truck to be shipped home on September 16th.

Labor Day weekend worked perfect as i finish my bachelor's degree August 27th, and I have a 4 day weekend that weekend, and it gives me over a week before the Ranegr leaves

crazywhiteboy

May 2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My Ranger (D) is going on a semi truck to be shipped home on September 16th.

Labor Day weekend worked perfect as i finish my bachelor's degree August 27th, and I have a 4 day weekend that weekend, and it gives me over a week before the Ranegr leaves
hmmm...we'll see, that would be cool if you came too.

rollincoal408

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
Great Build been watching this one for a while now...I just ran the con last weekend from loon lake to tahoe in 10 straight hours...pretty gnarly run still a decent amount of snow on the tahoe side lol

Josh40601

U.S. Military - Veteran
OTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991/2001
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Great Build been watching this one for a while now...I just ran the con last weekend from loon lake to tahoe in 10 straight hours...pretty gnarly run still a decent amount of snow on the tahoe side lol
JESUS! 10 hour straight hit?? That is awesome/insane.

I am planning to do it in 2 days. Looks like i might have some more people from down here wanting to partake so we will see.

Rollincoal, what did you run the con in?

CWB, you have any updates for this ol gal?

crazywhiteboy

May 2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
JESUS! 10 hour straight hit?? That is awesome/insane.

I am planning to do it in 2 days. Looks like i might have some more people from down here wanting to partake so we will see.

Rollincoal, what did you run the con in?

CWB, you have any updates for this ol gal?
when were you planning on heading up there?
ive been in the bay area working for the past month and a half, and only going home on the weekends, so i havent had anytime to work on the ranger.:annoyed:
BUT, i did order a passenger side shaft for the 9inch, new hub, and some other misc parts that were supposed to show up at my house today, so hopefully they will be there on friday when i get home. possibly gonna go out on sunday for a quick/local wheeling trip before i head back down for work.:yahoo:

crazywhiteboy

May 2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
thank you!!!! still have more plans, just trying to get some time/money to complete it.
that is quick!!!! what did you run it in?

Josh40601

U.S. Military - Veteran
OTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991/2001
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Labor Day Weekend.

Josh40601

U.S. Military - Veteran
OTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991/2001
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
leaving here most likely wednesday night, and staying in mammoth, then mountain biking a bit, then driving the rest of the way to Georgetown and staying there Thursday night. Hit the trail Friday, camp on the trail, then finish saturday. Kick it in Tahoe Sunday, and come home Monday.

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
what's the con? i assume a trail set?

10 hours straight suck... i've done one or 2 trails that were 10-12 hours of bushwacking... the most memorable was when we met up at 900 (about a 1-1.5 hours from my house) left for the trail head at 10am, were aired down and entered the bush at 1045, got stuck, in 4 feet of snow, shovelled all day, exited the bush 11:55pm aired back up, left trail head at 12:20, got home at 2am

additionally, i had been working all night the night before, and was up for a total of 38 hours when i finally got to bed

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals