• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

97 2.3 rough idle

robmedina

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
After cleaning the MAF, IAC, installing a new air filter, fuel filter, installing a few new vacuum hoses I still had a rough idle. I even got some seafoam and ran in through the brake booster hose and in the fuel tank but still had that erratic idle.
I planned on doing new plugs and wires but was in no way in the mood to try and change them myself.
I did a lot of research on this forum as to what plugs I should get so according to the general consensus I had my Mechanic install the Motorcraft SP 439 plugs and wires and I had him shoot the new PCV valve in while he was at it. He said the old PCV valve was not in the hole- so that is probably where I was getting that erratic idle from.

Finally my truck is running super smooth! :yahoo:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals