• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

94 Anti-theft?

mazdab40004x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
When I pulled out the gauge cluster on my 94 B4000 today to put in some LED bulbs, I noticed a bulb I wasn't expecting -- an Anti-Theft bulb. I didn't realize this was an option in 94? I have power door locks, but no key fob (at least I don't have it -- it may have come with one originally). How would I tell if it's got a factory anti-theft or keyless entry system? Is there a module somewhere?

mazdab40004x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
I'm going to answer my own question here. I pulled the cluster again Saturday to fix a problem with one of the LED's I put in a few weeks ago. I spent a few extra minutes tracing the circuit leads on the light for the Anti-Theft light. The light traces back to two blank spots on the right side cluster wire harness -- so no go on the factory anti-theft in my B4000. :sad:

My guess is that the light is there for another model that used the same cluster like the Explorer.

Hawk1339

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FordFord
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Explorer and Aerostar, Limited Edition w/ electronic group option.

mazdab40004x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks for the info.

Do you know if theres a standalone anti-theft module and wiring in the Explorer/Aerostar with that option that I might find in a junkyard and transfer to my B-series? Or is it more complicated than that?

Hawk1339

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FordFord
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Thanks for the info.

Do you know if theres a standalone anti-theft module and wiring in the Explorer/Aerostar with that option that I might find in a junkyard and transfer to my B-series? Or is it more complicated than that?
It's probably much more complicated. Besides the Anti Theft Controller module, the wiring diagram indicates that there are additional door switches and the vehicle must have electric locks and remote keyless entry. It's also likely that the Explorer wiring harness has wires that the Ranger harness doesn't.

You'd be better off with a professionally installed aftermarket security system, but then again, who am I to say. If you can get the Explorer module cheap, and you feel your skills are up to the challenge, then go for it.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals