• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

92 Ranger 3.0 high idle and intermittant miss

slycer2002

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I noticed last night that my 92 Ranger 3.0 was running rough. There would be an intermittant miss under constant load and there was no power when I would step on the gas up to about 30mph. Above that, it was fine. When I stopped and dropped her into park, she idles very high. I can't tell you the RPMs because she doesn't have a tach. I can tell you, however, that if I were to drop her into drive at that point she would do between 25mph and 30mph without my foot touching the gas pedal. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

jewalker7842

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Almost sounds like the TPS sensor. Get a voltmeter and see if it is reading the correct voltages. It should tell you what the values are in the Haynes manual. Might want to clean your IAC while you are at it. I don't know if it would cause a miss though. Might want to check for some vacuum leaks those cause some weird issues also.

Last edited:

slycer2002

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Funny enough, she's calmed down and is running better. I don't know what happened, but I'm going to keep an eye on her and see if anything else pops up. Thanks for the reply.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals