• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

91 stx 4x4 tires

parisot

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I just bought a 91 STX 4x4 ranger and it needs new set of tires. I was looking at the list of tire / suspension combinations that this site has posted and was trying to figure out how big of a tire i can fit on my truck. My question is, does my truck have a stock lift on it since it is a STX? and if so would i be able to fit a set of 31 11.5 15?

Thanks in advance

ForOffRoadDriving

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
my brother is running 30x10.50s on his 1990 stx (it has stock 4x4 brackets according to this http://www.therangerstation.com/Magazine/spring2008/high_rider_stx.htm ) and he has no rubbing problems, but i think going a full inch wider may cause the front tires to rub in the wheel well without the proper back spacing on the rim. heres a pic of his

parisot

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Thanks for the post.. Anyone else know if I will be able to fit 31s under there?

liftedrangerstx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
yes

yea im running 31 10.50 15's goodyear workhorse and they don't rub the tires i got are brand new to. :icon_cheers:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals