• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

84 Ranger Tow issue

AdamEvans69

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8 v6
Transmission
Automatic
Well, installed the rear DJM flip kit today. And I didn't have the money for the Dream Beams yet, so I decided to cut the springs in the front. It's level, and actually looks fairly good. As expected, I have about 5-6 degrees of negative camber. But my tow is WAAAAAAY off. With the fact being that I did cut the springs, is it align-able? I've heard mixed opinions but I want to know it from you guys, because I'm sure someone has ran across this problem, or could at least give me their opinion.

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Automatic
To get a good center mark on both tires raise both wheels off the ground a with some white spray paintspin the wheels and paint the center of the tire then take and scribe a line in the paint. With the weight on both tires measure the lines front and back you dont need much toe just enough to pull the steering wheel back center after making a corner. You want to center the steering wheel first so the blinkers work properly also. You want the measurement to be about 1/8-1/4 inch closer in the front of the wheels should be enough toe-in

stmitch

March 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
It really depends how much you cut from the springs. 2-3 inches of drop is usually the max amount of drop you can get from cutting springs, and still have any hope of aligning it. An alignment should correct the toe issue though.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals