• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

6-8 inch lift ?

bigfltruck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
jeep
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i have a 87 2.9 v6 extended cab ranger stx that im fixing to lift. im swapping in a dana 35 and 8.8 with 5:13 gears and i have a 6" heavy duty skyjacker lift that im going to use. well i have heard that people run 6" coils in the 4" holes on the bracket for better alignment, so i was wondering if any body is running the 8" coils in the 6" hole location and if so how hard is it to get aligned. i also have the heavy duty skyjacker 8" lift ttb axle brackets but have heard it is really hard to get a good alignment with them so im just trying to figure out whats the best route to go. im also planning on a 3" body lift and bushwacker cut out flares so i can run some 37" ltb swampers i live in fl so just mudding no rocks so center of gravity is no biggy just need it high for big meats.

BlackBII

Ranger Custom
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
8" is a lot for a TTB...

What are your plans for Steering?

bigfltruck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
jeep
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
mental im about 1 hour south of tampa. hay black im planning on running the big skyjacker drop pitman arm to start but when i get more $$ try and get that stone crusher set up i saw in thatguys post, but im saveing for some extended radius arms first.

bigfltruck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
jeep
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
well i was thinking sas but i got two 6" lifts, 8" brackets, all 3 sets of shocks, dana 35 and 8.8 with 5:13 gears that are less then a year old and some nice aliumunm rims with some 35x12.50 for $500 so i changed my mind.

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
It's nothing but mud in Florida, I'd say you'll be fine as long as you upgrade a few things (mainly, swapping to Jeep hubs and Spicer 5-760x u-joints with the yokes modded for full-round retaining rings). Unless you go D60, a SAS won't gain you a whole lot anyway.

The Skyjacker FA600 drop pitman arm should work decent for that setup, though the Stonecrusher linkage would be even better still (with that amount of lift you'll probably still want the FA600 arm to go with it).

bigfltruck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
jeep
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
thaks for the info junkie.

bigfltruck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
jeep
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
so is there any body out there that knows if some one is running 8" coils with the 6" lift? if you do can you point me in there direction i would really like to just ask how they like it befor i spend the $$$ on the 8" coils. thank you

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
I have a buddy who runs the 8" SJ coils w/ 6" Class II lift on his '93 Supercab, though he doesn't get on web forums like here.

Says he's happy the setup... likes the stance it has, though he had some major issues at first until he got his steering situation squared away.

bigfltruck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
jeep
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
junkie thanks for the response. i have done all kinds of searchs looking for some kind of answer for 2 months this makes droping the $240 for the 8" coils a little easier.

legoms013

09/2013 OTOTM
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
I have Skyjacker 6" drop brackets and 8" lift coils on my 96' Mazda B4000. I'm very happy with the way it sits, rides, and wheels. Visit my bolt on build forum and feel free to ask any questions. I didn't have any problems with alignment but my truck has the 4.0L, winch bumper and is an extended cab (heaviest combo aside from a V8 swap).

http://therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75235

Last edited:

98RedRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
So your in bradenton/sarasota area? Thats an hour north of me lol. Sounds like its gonna be a kick A setup.

bigfltruck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
jeep
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
yup red im in the process of swaping in another motor then moveing then lifting. once i move i will have a garage then im going to finsh her up. do you ever go to redneck yacht club?

98RedRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
yup red im in the process of swaping in another motor then moveing then lifting. once i move i will have a garage then im going to finsh her up. do you ever go to redneck yacht club?
Ive been wanting to go but don't really want to break my shit cause i cant afford to fix it lol. Hoping to get a mud truck in the near future then it dont matter if it breaks.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals