• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2010 2wd rear disc brakes pulsing

mustlx90

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Hello all,
A while back I replaced the rear pads on the truck. A few months later I started to get a pulsing in the pedal. I assumed it was the front brakes turn. Due to a lack of time I had my mechanic friend change them. He put new pads and rotors on the front and started to drive the truck around the front of his shop and noticed the pulse still there. He put the truck back on the lift and replaced the rear pads I put on (which still looked new) and put new rotors on. He said he'd never seen rear brakes on any vehicle cause a pulse like that before. I remembered that weird e-brake setup it had, I hoped I didn't mess something up.
Anyway, fast forward to now. Just about a year later and the pulse is back again. I hope I don't have to replace the pads on this every year now. If anybody else has experienced this and figured out a cure, I would deeply appreciate it.

Shadowrider6661

D RANGED
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
ASE Certified Tech
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Stock
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
4"
Total Drop
N/A
Tire Size
33 x 12.50 x 15
My credo
Drive it, Break it, Fix it, REPEAT !
Brakes can be a tricky thing, pulsing usually means they got warped going through water when hot. Since your truck is newer than mine, the problem could also be with the ABS. That's just a guess, but its something you might want to consider. I'm only giving you an idea on what to look for. The upside of this is, eventually, someone on this site will have the answer to your problem, and I'd bet its going to be something simple. Welcome to the club.

mustlx90

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Hi,
thanks for your input. You mentioned going through water. One thing I forgot to mention is that I did drive home in the pouring rain a last week, and the pulsing went away 99%
If my buddy didn't just changed the rotors when he did, I would lean more that way. It may just come down to jacking it up and pulling the wheels off again. He actually saved me all the old parts. It may just come down to that warped rotor. I still bothers me that I had no problems until I changed those pads the first time.
Thanks for the welcome. I'm glad I made it 11 years before I needed to look for help. When I had my old Dakota I had to lean on the Dakota forum a little more. - No gripes with either.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals