• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2007 FX4 Electrical problems, Cruise, Speaker, and Options

slychicken37

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
So I have a new 2007 Ford Ranger FX4 and am trying to trace down a few funky items, and thought others might have had the same at some time.

1. What standard power options come with the fx4? Mine has only the upgraded stereo and cruise control. I only ask as my vehicle was in an accident prior, and I want to see if it could have been switched out with different doors without the power options.

2. Intermittently my cruise control doesnt work or work properly. The green cruise light will flash when I twist the steering wheel and I can even get the horn to honk my pushing the coast button. The resume does not work, and most of the time I hit the coast button and the horn honks then the cruise light comes on and then I can hit "Set" and it will set the speed.

I have heard that this might be the clockspring? How hard/expensive is this to replace, or should I look other places first.

3. This is extra strange. So I am 100% sure the driver side rear door is is not factory as the VIN# is different than the main door and everything else on the truck. The rear driver speaker was not working so I took the rear panel off and notice that the speaker plug was disconnected....strange, so I reconnected it. This did not fix the speaker, but it did cause the door ajar light to stay on all the time. I thought I dislodged the door latch sensor but this was not the case. I then disconnected the speaker and it fixed the door ajar problem......

Any ideas on this?

4. This is easiest of all. My rear backup light on the driver side does not work. I am not getting power to that line....the passenger side works fine. Where exactly is the splice that pulls the left side power? Everything must be fine, but the splice connection must be bad in the rear. I have tried to trace the lines but it looks like it might be up under near the spare tire.

That is all for now!! I appreciate any help I can get

-Slychicken

gribly

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Honda
Engine Size
K20A3
Transmission
Manual
It was in an accident and was fixed for as cheap as possible, probably just to sell it off without losing too much money. If you paid book value, somebody knowingly ripped you off. As for fixing it, I'd have to look at it, but it seems they didn't put it back together right at all.

slychicken37

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I payed well below book value, knowing it did have some issues. The prior owner mentioned it was in a vandalism but I think it was much worse than that.

In all actuality I think it was not an FX4 from the factory but just a regular 4x4. The door panel with the correct VIN shows an R6 rear end, which is the 3.83 L/S rear end....but the rear door shows an R7 rear end, which is the 4.10 L/S from a 2000 Ranger. I checked under the rear, and it looks to have the 4.10 L/S rear end so they must have changed out something at somepoint. It does have the FX4 wheels, skidplates, and bed decals so possibly the bed panels were all replaced.

What angers me is that I took it to a FORD DEALERSHIP for a pre-purchase inspection and they caught nothing. Basically just said I should have the fluids changed and flushed. Really pisses me off.

scott01ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
On the cruise comtrol problems- the cruise pods, those wires run right under your airbag. If the airbag popped in an accident, I bet the wiring was burned or damaged.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals