• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2003 FX4 Level II lifting ???'s

rangerdude91

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 2.9
Transmission
Automatic
i havent got it yet but im going to get it in the next few weeks. i want to put a 4in superlift on it but i have one question if i get a body lift. this ranger has the 4x4 on the floor, so will i need an extension for the 4x4 shifter like the gear shifter? ive been looking at body lifts and just cant figure it out. i want to run at least 35's, could that be done with just the suspension lift if i crank the T keys? but what about the rear?

thanks

Nathan

Chance

RIP - 10/7/2010
Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
i want to say no the shifter will be fine but we'll see what shane says...

edit: i was wrong.

Last edited:

Fx4wannabe01

February 2010 OTOTM Winner
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
If you put on the Superlift, no need to do anything with the shifters. Bodylift you will need to address the tcase shifter and the trans shifter.

On my tcase, I made a 2.5" raise extention out of 1/4"x3/4 steel plate, trimmed the chrome bezel some under the boot, and it works like a charm. There was alot of misleading info on BLing 02-03 twinstick trucks. In the end, its really quite simple...

Shane, FINALLY here you go man....Forgot to take pics of JUST the shifter, so here is the shifter extension I made. THANK YOU shane, his design

Here's mine...

rangerdude91

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 2.9
Transmission
Automatic
so i will need to make one for both of the sticks?

Fx4wannabe01

Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
A really quick diagram i made for Ranger1999...no clue if t he measurements are correct....but I believe I made my shifter arm move up 2.5". 2.5 is not the length of the bracket itself, just how much the bracket allowed the parts to move.

I started out with a FUBARRRED(messed up) chrome bezel thing. The previous owner bodylifted it and used no extentions or anything on any of the shifters....all but 1 of the mounting screw areas were messed up and broken up. So it already had some broken up parts. The rubber stuff was messed up too, and I was stupid and cut up the boot floor crap on the tcase side.

Here's what I got right now...

The trimming of the bezel was namely on the front and side of it...see pics... the other crappy areas were already crappy from the previous owner...

I've been meaning to get a nice thread made of all my pics and everything so that any questions would be answered in regards to bodylifting a 02-03 'twin stick' Fx4.

As said above, there's been alot of not really good info on how to solve the twin stick 02-03 issues when bodylifting...i hope to change that soon. I suppose later this week or on the weekend I'll go ahead and whore out all the info with tonsof pics.

Fx4wannabe01

Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
so i will need to make one for both of the sticks?
No....if you bodylift it, you'll need an extention for your stock shifter, PA part # 3700. Everyone who bodylifts their truck gets one of thsoe extentions.

My pics, I have a hurst short throw shifter. I made and extention for it.

rangerdude91

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 2.9
Transmission
Automatic
but i will still need to make one for the 4x4 stick correct?

Fx4wannabe01

Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
yes. the trans is easy because there's something out there....the tcase is the hard one that'll need something fabbed up.

BTw...

You CAN run 35's with just the 4" suspension and topped out tbars....but I wouldn't be too comfortable wheeling it. I sometimes feel my 35's are a little too large as it is...and I'm 4" superlift and 3" bodylift.

rangerdude91

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 2.9
Transmission
Automatic
well i dont want to crank the tbars to much, ive read what can happen. i have 35's on my 95 with just a 4in lift.

ok well thanks for all the input, this will GREATLY help when im ready to get this done...but i have to get the truck first. if i have any ???'s ill definetly ask you!
!
thanks alot

Nathan

Fx4wannabe01

Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
hahaha...my truck isn't even a FX4 twin stick! lol....it's a 01 converted to a 03 twin stick! lol. Yeah dude....double lift it.....I know I wasn't comfortable with 35's and a 3" bodylift with maxxed out bars.

rangerdude91

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 2.9
Transmission
Automatic
i was looking at your profile and i was woundering what was with your truck. i was going to BL my 95 but im going to let me girlfriend drive it and shes kinda small. my mom ha to use a step stool to get in my truck when i have to take her somewhere. but yeah im definetly going all out with this one...the only thing i dont like about it is i think it is has leather seats and i didnt want that but idc. hey do you know if all fx4 and fx4 lvl II come with the rubber instead of carpet floor? i forgot to ask the guy and im not going to call him just to ask that

rangerdude91

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 2.9
Transmission
Automatic
also would i even need to crank it if i double lifted it? or would it need a little just to level it out nicely?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals