• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2.9 loss of oil pressure?

TEK4x4

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
ok so this is what i got. i was at moyie springs mud bogs this last weekend and i was doing the creek crawl and messing around when i noticed my dummy oil light flash a couple times then shut off i stopped checked my oil it was fine. then the next day was driving around it came off and on and no big deal. climbed some hills and then all of a sudden on flat ground the lifters started ticking like a mother. shut it off right away and checked the oil again it was a little low toped it off and the started it lifters ticking way bad still and the light still on. i had to get it back to the truck so i put it in first and kept the rpms up to get the oil pressure up to get it back to the truck. the hole time the lifts werent happy. i dont have an oil pressure gauge in my rig right now so i dont know a hundred percent if that is the issue. so i was just seeing if anyone has herd of the oil pumps or maybe the pickup to breaking or just stop working. any help would be great! thanks

whocares

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Sounds like your oil pump stb. Have you checked it with another gauge to see what its reading?

TexCaliBII

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Yep,
That would be the oil pump dieing....

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals