• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2.8 Options Other then Duraspark Conversion?

NikNak342

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Recently I took over my grandpas old 1985 Ford ranger 2.8 with feedback 93K original miles. It is all stock and really hasn't been used much since 1999 and hasn't been used at all in the last 10 years. I got it home and restored or replaced the entire fuel system including rebuilding the carb. Everything looks good except it does not drive well. It will start and idle good and will drive if I have the pedal to the floor ( assuming some open loop mode?) If I just try to give a little throttle it will bog and die. Things seem to get better when I unplug the air meter on the back of the carb but still not drivable.

I was gearing up for a duraspark conversion ( and still might) but here in Arizona unless insured as an antique I still have to pass emissions. So I was wondering if there are options to keep emissions compliant?
Keep looking! I tracked a reman Cardone one down in Florida. It was listed on a website as an alternative part# M-12127-10A.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals