• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2.3l help!

12345ranger12345

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3 =[
Transmission
Automatic
ok so im 17. first car is a 2008 ford ranger 2.3l:bsflag:
i wanna raise it and just have fun with it even though it has no power
what i want to know is, does anyone have an idea of the biggest tires i can get on there?
its obviously going to be a daily driver and it needs to at least get to highway speeds
any suggestions on how high of a lift and size tires?
any help is greatly appreciated
thanks,
eric

Dar70

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Welcome.

Dont get to down on the power of the 2.3l. I know your only 17 and probably want the quicker pickup but trust me you will never use it to its full potential. When I was your age all I had were 8 cylinders.(I had four different mustangs ranging from a 67 289 to a 90 5.0 They had lots of power but I never really used it. Plus I got crappy gas mileage.When I was in my 20's I went from 8 to 6 cylinders, now Im in my 30's and want a 4 with good gas milelage, You will be happy with the savings you will get on gas, plus this 2.3l has 20 more Horses than the versions before 2001.

As for the lift, I was thinking of getting one myself when I get a new ranger. It will give you nice height and you will forget all about the lesser power.:icon_cheers:
Look under the suspension forums and wheel forums to glean some ideas. Im still considering what i will do. Let us know what you ultimately do.

I wont do it mine myself though. I dont want to screw up a brand new vehicle. Wonder if warranty still stands after a suspension upgrade????

addiman09

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
2.3 Liter DOHC 5spd
Transmission
Manual
hey im 17 too, and i have a 2.3L 03, i would go with some 33" tires because 35s" would be a little too big for a small truck, and for suspension get a Procomp 4" suspension lift. I also have a 78 GMC Grand Sierra that was my first truck, i put a 4" lift on it and a 2" body lift with 35s', im not sure if i want to put a lift or lowering on my ranger though

12345ranger12345

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3 =[
Transmission
Automatic
thanks guys,
ive been reading up on tire sizes and stuff
wouldnt 33" tires be too big for my 140hp 2.3l?
and i have 3.73 gears as well
wont i go suuuuper slow?

addiman09

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
2.3 Liter DOHC 5spd
Transmission
Manual
not neccesarily, 2.3 liters are really zippy and powerful in the lower gears

Parsonator73

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
i've been wondering what to do as well. i have a 2WD ' 01 ranger that i want to lift up a little bit. i was thinking a 2-3" lift with 31" tires on it?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals