• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2.3L ('83-'97) 1995 starting issues

hutch

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I have 95 2.3l manual ranger. I have been dealing with some starting issues over the last year. The truck starts up fine most of the time but every once in a while it will just crank over and over and not start. This seems to happen mostly if I turn the key and it starts to crank but I dont hold the key long enough for the truck to actually start. From there, it will crank over and over but no matter how long I hold the key it just wont start. If I let it sit for about 6-8 hours and come back to it, it will start right up. I was hoping for some ideas of what to start testing or where to start looking for a possible fix? Anything will help, thanks

tinman_72

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Factory
Total Drop
None
Tire Size
255/60R15
My credo
RoHS compliant
Turn your key to the "on" position before cranking and listen for the fuel pump to whir for a few seconds. If it doesn't make any noise before not starting it is a problem with the fuel pump system.
I had similar issues with my '93. It turned out the contacts on the fuel pump relay were dirty. May or may not be your issue but is as good a place to start as any.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals