• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1995 ranger MAF mass air sensor 3.0l

4byRANGER

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
3.0 turbo
Transmission
Manual
i guess this is uncommon but my ranger has this HUGE crappy mass air sensor on it that keeps me from puting a good intake on it

its big round box that houses the cone filter inside..
this thing is hideous!!

and the eletrical plug that goes to it is unlike any rangers MAF unit i have ever seen!!! what can i do about this??

is there a kit i can buy for it??

any help is much appreciated
thanks

Robin Hood

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
The 3.0 already has an excellent factory intake.

dmicucci

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
If its the same as my '96 then do this:

Take the cone filter out, then take the big round canister and remove it from the intake hose via the big hose clamp. Follow the wires from it and find the plug - unplug it. You should then be able to remove the entire setup from the truck. Look at the flat side (opposite engine side) of the box you just removed. Around the edges there should be 4(?) slots that you can stick a screwdriver in. Inside those there are little tabs that hold that flat part into the assembly. Use a screwdriver to push those tabs in, then that flat plate should pop right off. Inside there should be a regular average everyday MAF sensor that is held on with a couple bolts. Once you remove it you should be able to do anything you want with it. Just remember to keep the airflow goint the right way.

Hope this helps!:icon_thumby:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals