• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1989 My first rbv, time to mod

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Well I bought this truck the other day and im having a few buddies drive it up to me this weekend. Its got an 8" lift I believe from skyjacker and worn out 31s right now. Eventually planning a 302 and sas dana 44 both of which are sitting in my dads shed. Heres how she looks now. I already started buying stuff for it today and I havent even seen it yet. I got an air horn and some cab lights and a 102" stainless whip for the cb thats goin in it.

Last edited:

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My buddy drove it up this last weekend and took home my jeep. We put 500 miles on it in a weekend :shok: but she held together fine. Its fun to drive because you never know where shes gonna want to take you next lol. Picked up some goodies too.

USMCFords

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco 2, Bronc
Engine Size
2.9, 5.0
Transmission
Manual
You'll be dissapointed with those horns. A honda civic horn sounds meaner

MUDDING B-3000

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 , 1992
Make / Model
Ford , Ford
Engine Size
7.3L , 4L
Transmission
Manual
lol you gotta get a real air horn, try an get a hold of some dump truck horns thats what i got on my ranger an holy there loud you just gotta run an air pig, i air the pig up to 120 psi an once you hit the horn u cant really hear for a couple seconds after. an nice rig btw, mine look identical when i bought mine but its totally different now.

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Nice truck.

Who's the little lady?

882wdrngr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
nice truck where'd ya get those cab lights

Robert_1967

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988/1989
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302/2.9
Transmission
Automatic
if you want really really load, go to a train bone yard and get a set of horns from a train, and i dont mean the crome poser set that you can get from a truck crome shop with 3 big bugles, I mean the little black ones that have 6 bugles, 3 pointing one way, 3 the other, I had a set on my Kenworth, and let me tell you, I was in a chicken coup, the officer said "blow a horn" I reached down and sqeezed the valve on the horns, scared him so bad, he dropped the the paper work.

you have a nice truck, if you get rid of the window visor, throw it my way.

Robert

rngr4x4beast

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
^ rofl god just imagin that cracks me up

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Thanks guys. I knew someone would ask. Thats my girlfriend. Im gonna try to mount the cab lights to the visor and see how it looks but I actually have another visor if your looking for one. ha ha long drive for a visor though lol. The cab lights are from harbor frieght for $10 on sale. not sure how bright they will be but i might black them out and put in led bulbs. we will see i guess

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
She's a keeper if she'll pose with your Ranger. My ex never would go anywheres near mine unless she had to.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
ha ha yeah its funny to ride in it with her because she always buckles up and holds on to something because she is scared. I dont blame her cause it is all over the road lol. The goal is to get this truck built and ready with the 302 and dana 44 and im gonna build a topper set up for camping and we are gonna take it on a road trip to alaska.

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
When I bought my car my girlfriend freaked out because it didn't have an "oh shit" bar.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Sorry its been a while since I posted. Been workin two jobs and goin to school fulltime so I dont have much time or money to make progress. I got two tires changed out from my jeep but the other two were too hard to seat the bead so I might just wait since the rears werent as bad. Ive been wiring in my spare time and just little stuff using stuff I already have. Still debating on interior options. Heres some pics.

a battery hold down! Its just not safe to not have one especially the way this thing rides

Some goodies

I needed a place to mount some electrical junk so I grabed some old 040 aluminum signs from dads shop last time I was home and cut out a piece with the angle grinder and bent it with a pliers. Talk about bootyfab lol it dont look too bad though.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals