• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1988 Mustang Autocross

89Twincharge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Here's a shot of engine bay... I need to figure out how I'm going to rotate the intake and then pull everything out for paint and polish and clean up wiring.. happy with amount of boost for now have a block to build up later for more boost, but it's time to focus on suspension and transmission upgrade/repair and possibly 5 lug conversion.. after the 4.10 posi install the transmission is like "no I'm not having this s*#t" and puking trans fluid out tailshaft even though it's a fresh seal... I know I can t5 it but the adapters and everything take this out of the "budget build" area and into the spend my savings build area so...

Attachments

superj

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger edge
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3 liters of tire smoking power
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
none
Total Drop
none
Tire Size
235s
My credo
Grew up in the 70s, 80s, and 90s
rotate the intake so its not facing backwards with a long tube to the filter?

89Twincharge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
rotate the intake so its not facing backwards with a long tube to the filter?
the upper intake manifold of this design is commonly cut and re welded to point towards the driver's side.. you can buy them but my dad's got a tig so may attempt the diy...

Attachments

89Twincharge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Made a little adapter for the micro squirt.. think my tuner cable adapter is dead because I couldn't get my laptop to connect to the microsquirt so i have a new one on the way.. hopefully that's all it is. Also got some 24lb injectors from the junkyard which should be capable of about 250hp which is more then my goal of 200 so time to wait on Amazon...

Attachments

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals