• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

05 Ranger FX4 front end kits

lowrange

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger FX4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
stock
Total Drop
stock
Tire Size
255 70 16
My Ranger I bought new in 2005 has just turned 307,000 miles. I'm hearing a noise in the front suspension or possibly drive train after driving a few miles when coming to a stop. No shake or vibration. I've had one ball joint replace about 20,000 mile ago and both wheel bearing assemblies replaced a while back and brakes are nearly new. Since I plan on keeping my Ranger forever, I'm thinking of replacing the whole front suspension and half shafts. I'm looking for recommendations on kits. maybe a leveling kit or small lift a little over the factory FX4 height to later add a larger tire. Maybe point me toward a thread on TRS. Thanks

MaicoDoug

U.S. Military - Veteran
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger FX4 LVL2
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2 inches in the back, not enough in the front
Tire Size
32x11.5x15
I was able to purchase new lower A arm kit off ebay. Detroit axle brand which so has preformed as good or better than new. Comes with new lower ball joints installed. I purchased a whole kit and got the new axles from Napa. If you like check out this kit that I installed to delete the torsion bars, it really improved the ride, and now with a totally new front end, it actually rides incredibility nice and gained 2 inches on the front leveling the truck.

Here is the link to that ebay purchase.....https://www.ebay.com/itm/163244983033

Here is the link to my project here on this site.....https://www.therangerstation.com/forums/index.php?threads/07-level-ii-yellow-submarine.189474/page-5

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals