• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. superds

85 B2 with 302, looking for new long block

We have an 85 BII with an old 302 swap done by a few owners ago. The engine is tired and we've decided to put a new long block in. Looking for reasonable cost and ease of installation since we don't need a ton of power. It's believed the current engine came from a late 70s Ford car. Probably...
  2. superds

1988 F250 diesel 4x4 tow rig build

I recently picked up a 1988 F250 4x4 7.3 idi diesel with 5 speed transmission, regular cab, long box. It needs some work to say the least. Dirty and broken all over but the engine runs pretty good and it's an XLT Lariat so its has all the options of the day, you know, power windows, locks and...
  3. superds

1988 F250 7.3 ZF5 won't shift into 4th gear

I have an 88 F250 with manual transmission and it won't shift into 4th gear. Ever. It shifts into all other gears just fine but fourth won't go. I just bought this truck and it was like this from the first time I drove it. You have to skip 4th gear and shift from 3rd to 5th. I'm trying to get...
  4. superds

Best (or high value) DIY Bed Liner for Cab Floor

I'm in the process of gutting and redoing the floor on my 84 BII and I've decided to give up on the carpet. First I'm going to POR-15 the whole floor and use some rubberized sound and heat insulation spray I found at Fleet Farm in the foot areas. On top of that I'd like to put some bed liner...
  5. superds

84 BII with 96 Explorer 5.0

In a few weeks I will be starting my V8 swap on my 84 BII. I have a 5.0 from a 96 Explorer that I parted out with most of engine related components I thought I would need when I originally intended on putting this in my 90 Ranger, which I'm now parting out due to too many project vehicles, not...
  6. superds

More government mandated "safety features" coming 2018

Not new news but thought I'd share in case some haven't seen it yet: https://www.yahoo.com/tech/u-s-will-require-all-new-cars-to-have-backup-cameras-81321307373.html The government is now going to mandate backup cameras in all light pickups and cars by 2018. I'm really annoyed by this...
  7. superds

Brake Parts Cleaner Alternative?

The amount of brake parts cleaner I go through is making me go broke. It works too well to clean up random stuff besides just brakes. I buy a case when it goes on sale at $2/can but it still takes a couple cans do nearly every project...I remember when I could get it for $1 a can, and that was...
  8. superds

Ingersoll-Rand 2135TiMAX 1/2" Air Impact Wrench

Well, cruising the tool product review forum I noticed it looks kinda light so I thought I would add one. I have an IR 2135TiMAX 1/2" Air Impact Wrench. Awesome. I've only had it for a few months but have used impacts from this same series over many years. I believe this is the best value...
  9. superds

TSA to allow 2.36" knives on airplanes starting 4-25-13, what will you be packin?

TSA to allow 2.36" knives on airplanes starting 4-25-13, what will you be packin? The TSA announced this week they will allow small knives (2.36" blade length) to be carried on commercial airplanes starting April 25, 2013. The decision has some drawbacks though, the knives they allow are much...
  10. superds

Carb Identification Help

When I bought an 84 BII it came with a couple boxes of parts, of which there were three carbs, a 4 barrel and two 2 barrels. The BII wasn't running and had a half complete Duraspark conversion on it and I'm now working on getting it finished. It now starts and runs briefely (no more than a...
  11. superds

Where to buy 84 BII 4 spd clutch hose?

I'm working on an '84 BII with a four speed transmission and have determined that the hose that runs from the clutch master to slave leaks. I've tried several auto parts stores and none of them carry it or even list it in their books. I've gone to several hydraulic hose places and none could...
  12. superds

Project $3k BII Official Prebuild Thread

So, I've decided to take on yet another project in addition to my ongoing (and slow) Ranger and Explorer modifications. But, this project has a customer and a budget (unlike my $0 available funding for my projects). My dad and I were talking and he mentioned wanted to get a side x side...
  13. superds

Offroading around Chloride, Kingman and Bullhead City, AZ

I'm planning a trip out to the Chloride, Kingman and Bullhead City, Arizona area to do some offroading with my family. My dad was out there a few years ago with some friends and went offroading on the trails around Chloride. He wants to go back but take the family this time. Anyone ever been...
  14. superds

Rockauto.com discount code expires May 1st, 2011

Rockauto.com discount code expires May 1st, 2011: 50146333093553 Good for 5% off. They said to share with my friends, so here you go. Using Your Discount Code Enter the code above in the "How did you hear about us" line of the shopping cart. If you are using our traditional HTML catalog...
  15. superds

Super Mild '90 Ranger

This thread is my '90 Ranger 4x4 Build. I call it super mild because it's my daily driver and I haven't done anything real extreme to it. Well, this is essentially my Ranger before I started modifying it a couple years ago: Of course, this was test fitting my new bumper. You can also get...
  16. superds

2011 Mustang

The new engines seem pretty sweet from what I've read. 412 hp in the GT. Anyone had a chance to drive one yet? Has anyone seen any show up at dealerships yet? I looked at the local dealership website and they said they had several in inventory but when I actually went to the dealer to look...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad