• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Where to buy 84 BII 4 spd clutch hose?

superds

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2" body. 1.5" coil spring spacers/rear block
I'm working on an '84 BII with a four speed transmission and have determined that the hose that runs from the clutch master to slave leaks. I've tried several auto parts stores and none of them carry it or even list it in their books. I've gone to several hydraulic hose places and none could make one to work. I'm not even sure what the original hose is like, the previous owner tried to fix it by replacing it with semi air brake line. Does anyone know where to find one of these? LMC truck has them listed for '85 models (at an outragous price of $80, for a hose!). I don't know if that would work or not, not sure of the difference between 84-85.

Surely others have come accross this issue and had to replace a clutch hose, why don't any auto parts stores list it?

I've got one more place I'm going to try tomorrow that makes semi/tractor/heavy equipment hydraulic lines but any advice would be appreciated!

RICO9

07/2014 OTOTM Winner
Article Contributor
U.S. Military - Veteran
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Title says 84.
Make / Model
Furd
Engine Size
2.8L w/ Chevy TBI.
Transmission
Manual
I found one at the junk yard off an old Ford Dually. it's a way longer hose, but it has the same fittings and it works. also check the o ring in the slave and make sure that's not where the leak is coming from. :icon_thumby:

superds

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Thanks for the info. After I posted I thought about just trying to find one at the JY but I'd really just like to have a brand new line. I'll keep that in mind if I can't find hose to work.

I'm sure it's the line itself. At first I wasn't sure where the leak is coming from but after I bought a new slave and master cylinder and replaced the rubber o-rings it was easier to see that it was the hose itself and not the slave cylinder that I originally thought.

superds

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Oh man! I feel like such a noob! I searched on all sorts of parts websites but didn't think to just search the internet! I ordered one, thanks for the help!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals