What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)


Featured Build Threads

Had the same thing happen to me. Looking back on it, I think I had my head tilted so I could see around the face shield. I had safety glasses on too but the piece bounced off my cheek, then off the inside of the lens, and into my eye. Probably was slowed down enough by the ricochets that it was just lightly embedded. Still freaky watching the doc bring a needle up to my eye. Not something I want to experience again. I bought a bunch of shields to replace the dirty ones as needed. Knock on wood...
This is what I'm in for (again) tomorrow.

Sucks, but not my first rodeo.

I have no idea how it got around the face shield and glasses. I hit a spot when descaling the shock towers that sort of... 'sploded.







I really hate the coilover mod.
 
"don't try this at home "

for MINOR stuff in the eye I use a wet Q-tip. use warm water.
the wetness keeps the cotton together and prevents scratching & sticking.
the cotton usually snags the dirt with a gentle touch, using a rolling motion to lift foreign stuff.
 
That sucks and I would only wish it on my worst enemies. I hope it comes out soon with no permanent damage.

I agree. When I was younger, I’d say “geez I wouldn’t wish that on anybody.” I’ve been around long enough that there are two or three people that…
 
"don't try this at home "

for MINOR stuff in the eye I use a wet Q-tip. use warm water.
the wetness keeps the cotton together and prevents scratching & sticking.
the cotton usually snags the dirt with a gentle touch, using a rolling motion to lift foreign stuff.
Oh it's really in there. Looks like it cut the lens, the lens started lifting when I was pulling the big part of it out. There's a speck left that will have to be cut out before it starts to rust like crazy.

First time I had this happen, I had a huge rust stain in my eye for a while. Looked weird.

I hate rust.

Furthermore, safety gear confirmed useless and for nerds only.
 
Post a picture of what the center caps you want look like. There were a half a dozen different ones between the mercury, the Lincoln and the Crown Vic.
Not too sure of what they look like. I found a couple pics. AI says diameter of the face is 6.25 to 6.375". The clip in part would likely be up to 1/2" smaller.
Screenshot_20260928-204902.png
Screenshot_20260928-204828.png


@Rick W
 
Last edited:
Skamper is back in the barn before we get a monsoon over the next couple of days. Ranger is in there with it so I can play with it and have room walk around it
 
Oh it's really in there. Looks like it cut the lens, the lens started lifting when I was pulling the big part of it out. There's a speck left that will have to be cut out before it starts to rust like crazy.

First time I had this happen, I had a huge rust stain in my eye for a while. Looked weird.

I hate rust.

Furthermore, safety gear confirmed useless and for nerds only.
sounds serious.
having done media blasting and chipped more than a few striking tools I can attest there is always an alternate route
for flying debris.
full coverage goggles for the nasty stuff. and even those have vents.
 
The rims on my truck are from a 94 mercury. Not sure which one. I'd like to find the centers for them.
View attachment 149179
Easiest source to copy was the google AI... :annoyed:

  • 1993–1996 Ford Crown Victoria
  • 1993–1996 Mercury Grand Marquis
F3AC-1007-KA

Several sources suggest the Ranger center caps are the same... With the offset on that wheel I can't see how.

 
Easiest source to copy was the google AI... :annoyed:

  • 1993–1996 Ford Crown Victoria
  • 1993–1996 Mercury Grand Marquis
F3AC-1007-KA

Several sources suggest the Ranger center caps are the same... With the offset on that wheel I can't see how.
I checked a screw on type cap from a 90's ranger. It doesn't work. Too big and no way to attach if it fit inside. First pic is the wheel I pulled the cap from.
PXL_20260929_161750879.jpg
PXL_20260929_161424968.jpg
 
Later Ranger caps are designed to clip onto the stock lug nuts. But, I really don't think that would fit with the depth on those wheels...

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)


You can see here how shallow the lug nuts sit on these wheels though.

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)



Based purely on the front design, I suspect this might be more like what you need...
 

Upcoming TRS Events

Sponsored Ad

Featured Ranger Based Vehicle

TRS Latest Video

Official TRS Merchandise

Follow TRS On Instagram

Back
Top