Things I don't miss on vehicles


Featured Build Threads

RCC

15+ Year Member

Joined
Aug 8, 2007
Messages
121
Points
3,101
City
Gaston, SC
Vehicle Year
'96
Transmission
Manual
Number one thing I don't miss;
"points".
Back in my drag racing days, they had to be replaced often for peak performance.
Mallory distributor had TWO sets of points
If one failed, engine wouldn't run.

Carried stock distributor just in case...
 
Number one thing I don't miss;
"points".
Back in my drag racing days, they had to be replaced often for peak performance.
Mallory distributor had TWO sets of points
If one failed, engine wouldn't run.

Carried stock distributor just in case...
always carried a contact burnisher.
 
the horrendously horribly tune & performance that started about 1972.
 
Defrost that doesnt blow on side windows...
 
Agree Snoranger.
I'm old, but no cars built in my lifetime have hand cranks...
 
Don't miss vacuum driven windshield wipers.
Creep or freeze while accelerating, go crazy when let off gas.
Sorta comical except during torrential downpour.
 
Don't miss vacuum driven windshield wipers.
Creep or freeze while accelerating, go crazy when let off gas.
Sorta comical except during torrential downpour.
Yeah, my 54 Chevy truck had those. I learned to do a real quick off/on the throttle to get one sweep as needed. It was a pain...
 
Agree Snoranger.
I'm old, but no cars built in my lifetime have hand cranks...

Electric start was an option on some of my tractors. All are old enough to have the ability to be started by hand though lol.
 
Motorized seat belts (those dumb things that sped along the A-piller, up over the door frame and down the B-piller to (s)trap you in your seat).

Carburetors

Drum brakes (still am being tortured by these things, won't miss them lol)

Non-halogen (sealed beam) headlamps (halogen headlamps will soon be in the "Things I (do) miss on vehicles" thread)

R-134a freon
 

Upcoming TRS Events

Sponsored Ad

Featured Ranger Based Vehicle

TRS Latest Video

Official TRS Merchandise

Follow TRS On Instagram

Back
Top