Will these wheels work on a 2010 Ford Ranger XLT Supercab with P225/70R15 tires?


Featured Build Threads

K9Joe1


Law Enforcement
U.S. Military - Veteran
Joined
Aug 8, 2026
Messages
5
Points
1
City
Glendora
State - Country
CA - USA
Vehicle Year
2010
Vehicle
Ford Ranger
Drive
2WD
Engine
2.3L
Transmission
Automatic
Tire Size
P225/70R15
While researching to see if these Ford OEM
Chrome 7-spoke wheels (See photo)
Will these wheels work on a 2010 Ford Ranger XLT Supercab with P225/70R15 tires?
would fit on my 2010 Ford Ranger, I came across a bit of information that I’m trying to verify. In a nutshell, the info stated that these wheels would NOT fit on a 2010 Ranger XLT Supercab because a different kind
Of brakes were installed and the hub in these chrome wheels was too small for these new brakes. I’m simplifying the explanation as I’m not an expert in wheels, and brakes, etc. if anyone knows if this is true or if you have heard this explanation and can confirm this, I would appreciate any guidance on the subject.
Thanks, Joe
 
Sounds plausible. I know late 09+ maybe :dunno: had different brakes. (Discs in the rear.) At least on the rear. I could see that making some 15" wheels not work. I know I couldn't run a set of Jeep 15s I had for that reason. The just touched the brake bleeder when things flexed. (I know there shouldn't be any visible flex between wheel and brakes but these were that close. Wheel bearings may have been worn too...)
 
BTW, Welcome to TRS! Got any pics of your ride?
 
I believe you need 16" wheels to fit on the 2010 Ranger.
 
I believe you need 16" wheels to fit on the 2010 Ranger.
I just purchased this 2010 Ford Ranger XLT Supercab with stock steel wheels. The dealership I purchased it from did a lot to fix it up including four brand new tires sized P225/70R15. Again not a car expert, but doesn’t the 15 mean it’s a 15 inch rim? Not being a smart-alec here, honestly need the input.
 

Attachments

  • Will these wheels work on a 2010 Ford Ranger XLT Supercab with P225/70R15 tires?
    IMG_4649.jpeg
    308.7 KB · Views: 37
BTW, Welcome to TRS! Got any pics of your ride?
Thanks! Using A.I. i put the wheels that I want into the photo and hoping I can really put them on in real life soon! Tell me what you think of the truck and how those wheels would look on it! Thanks again, loving The Ranger Station mucho!
 

Attachments

  • Will these wheels work on a 2010 Ford Ranger XLT Supercab with P225/70R15 tires?
    IMG_4658.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 59
  • Will these wheels work on a 2010 Ford Ranger XLT Supercab with P225/70R15 tires?
    IMG_4657.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 58
I just purchased this 2010 Ford Ranger XLT Supercab with stock steel wheels. The dealership I purchased it from did a lot to fix it up including four brand new tires sized P225/70R15. Again not a car expert, but doesn’t the 15 mean it’s a 15 inch rim? Not being a smart-alec here, honestly need the input.
The 2010 and 2011 Ranger have bigger brakes than the older models. So, 15" rims will fit but only certain ones will clear the front brake calipers. The ones you are asking about will fit. I had a set on my 2011 for winter tires before road salt destroyed them.
 
The 2010 and 2011 Ranger have bigger brakes than the older models. So, 15" rims will fit but only certain ones will clear the front brake calipers. The ones you are asking about will fit. I had a set on my 2011 for winter tires before road salt destroyed them.
Sorry to hear, but thanks for the input.
 
Sorry to hear, but thanks for the input.
They were junkyard rims to begin with. So, they weren't exactly in pristine shape from the outset.
 
Hello! Looking forward to seeing those chrome wheels on that truck!
 
the 2wd 2.3 2010/2011 has the regular 11.25" front rotors.
the rears are 11.75" but the caliper is not as bulky so it will fit almost any 15" wheel.

starting about 2009 Sports had a 15" aluminum wheel with more rear clearance. it does fit 12" front rotors.
 
I just purchased this 2010 Ford Ranger XLT Supercab with stock steel wheels. The dealership I purchased it from did a lot to fix it up including four brand new tires sized P225/70R15. Again not a car expert, but doesn’t the 15 mean it’s a 15 inch rim? Not being a smart-alec here, honestly need the input.
that's standard size tires for the 4 cylinder Rangers that year.

225 is overall width in milli meters, 70 is the aspect ratio. it's section height is 70 percent of the width.
R is radial construction and the 15 is rim diameter in inches. 104, 105, etc is the load rating. higher =more.
 
I was able to find a set of four (4) used wheels in A- Grade Chrome for a very great price! I found an excellent wheel and tire guy close to where I live and, now I have the exact chrome wheels that I wanted. Thanks to everyone who gave their input! Let’s go Rangers!!! - Joe
 

Attachments

  • Will these wheels work on a 2010 Ford Ranger XLT Supercab with P225/70R15 tires?
    IMG_4698.jpeg
    446 KB · Views: 56
  • Will these wheels work on a 2010 Ford Ranger XLT Supercab with P225/70R15 tires?
    IMG_4699.jpeg
    388.5 KB · Views: 52
  • Will these wheels work on a 2010 Ford Ranger XLT Supercab with P225/70R15 tires?
    IMG_4700.jpeg
    389.1 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Hey, that looks just fine! You know, I really like those wheels on a newer truck. Great choice!
 
Sounds plausible. I know late 09+ maybe :dunno: had different brakes. (Discs in the rear.) At least on the rear. I could see that making some 15" wheels not work. I know I couldn't run a set of Jeep 15s I had for that reason. The just touched the brake bleeder when things flexed. (I know there shouldn't be any visible flex between wheel and brakes but these were that close. Wheel bearings may have been worn too...)
Heep wheels have a bit more positive offset than Ford wheels. Generally you need spacers to run OE Heep or Mustang wheels on a Ranger.
 

Upcoming TRS Events

Sponsored Ad

Featured Ranger Based Vehicle

TRS Latest Video

Official TRS Merchandise

Follow TRS On Instagram

Back
Top