- Joined
- Jun 2, 2018
- Messages
- 188
- Points
- 601
- City
- Cass
- State - Country
- WV - USA
- Other
- I like eggs..
- Vehicle Year
- 2003
- Vehicle
- Ford Ranger
- Drive
- 4WD
- Engine
- 4.0L
- Transmission
- Manual
I was reading on another Ranger Forum about auto trans when someone mentioned that the poster should add a second (oem) trans cooler while he had his truck apart because "Ranger automatic transmissions run hot".. New info to me, if true, I looked around here on RS and didn't find anything about this being a problem, but, while I have my '03 apart (4L SOHC V6, 5R55E, 4x4, 4.10:1 gears) might be a good time to add another cooler. I do tow some, have a car dolly and a 5' x 10' utility trailer (firewood mostly).
Opinions? I have an extra cooler on my parts donor, and can make my own brackets, also thinking about adding an in-line spin on filter (off my old Dodge).
Thanks for any input!
Opinions? I have an extra cooler on my parts donor, and can make my own brackets, also thinking about adding an in-line spin on filter (off my old Dodge).
Thanks for any input!


