• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Vaccum hoses Help

fordracing121

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I just bought a 84 bronco II it has a 2.8l and I have replaced about everything to get it running someone replaced this motor and rigged the vaccum lines and a pic of the layout inthe bay would be great or even a layout in words of where things go would even work! please help I even bought a new stock carb! End the madness please!

skippy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l durasparked rice killer
Transmission
Manual
I just bought a 84 bronco II it has a 2.8l and I have replaced about everything to get it running someone replaced this motor and rigged the vaccum lines and a pic of the layout inthe bay would be great or even a layout in words of where things go would even work! please help I even bought a new stock carb! End the madness please!
the tech library has the 83 diagram,might help.it's color coded and can be printed off.fwiw.

fordracing121

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
yeah I saw that one...do you have any pics of routing on your hoses I can't find where the hook to the carb just it just shows going back to that area Thanks

skippy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
sorry,i have no pictures.robbied has a 84 2.8 ranger and the evtm and may be able to help you w/routing the hoses better than i can.drop him a pm,don't think he'll mind.

skippy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
it's called the electrcal and vacuum tech manual.part of 3 book set by ford,the ranger tech manual,the emissions manual and evtm and you can find them on ebay.happy hunting.i have the 83 tm,but to my dismay it was printed in 82 and does not cover the 2.8 or the 5 speed manual,guess i need the 84 books.anyway good luck.

fordracing121

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
well I actually Just bought the factory service manual for the bronco and have the electrical and vacuum trouble-Shooting Manual but it's just not helping much! : ) I know that sounds dumb but its truth pictures would help tons! But I got in touch with robbied. He said he'll help me out as much as help can. Just to add I have be posting this same question at ranger power sports and got no reply for a months tons of people looked but no one would help out! Thanks again

F84R

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
hey man I know what its like and I will try and get some pics for you. i had the same problems with my ranger. Same year and everything. I had my instructor look at it all and it works pretty well now. give me a day or so to get those pics for you.

trents

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8 Durasparked, Stage 1 RV cam, block "0" decked, 350cfm Motorcraft 2150
Transmission
Manual
You should Duraspark it. Lots easier but if you must pass emissions you couldn't do that.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals