• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Turbo Project: High Impedance Injectors and Fuel Pump

93'Stranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
im looking for the best place to find and buy 36# fuel injectors, and a 190lph fuel pump, also wanting to run 15psi on stock t-bird turbo the turbo has zero shaft play how long would it last?

Last edited:

skyy_4life

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3 turbo
Transmission
Manual
well with stock ranger pistons u cant run more than 7-8 psi at the most. u need forged pistons to run 15-17 and forged pistons and rods to go any higher than that.

93'Stranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
ya i was thinking of forged pistons and 36# injectors,fuel pump,and it will have stock intercooler, where do you think would be the best place to mount it? the regular spot on svo's and coupes or what?

skyy_4life

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3 turbo
Transmission
Manual
i would buy an aftermarket intercooler. if u look in the thread called intercooler placement or something like that i have pictures of how mine was mounted. it takes some modifying but its worth it.

93'Stranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
how much boost are you running on your stock internals? and approximately how much hp?

skyy_4life

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3 turbo
Transmission
Manual
heh i ran about 6-7 psi on stock internals but i arldy got a new engine out of an Xr4Ti.... i just have to go pick it up and truck is back in garage again.... its killin me. i wanna drive my truck....

rurouni20xx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
hows the turbo and stuff going, i remember you posting the thread of look what came in today and everybody was cracking on your stuff, looked good to me, things going smoothly?

Sevensecondsuv

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Many
Make / Model
All Fords!
Engine Size
Many
Transmission
Manual
Since you are EEC-IV (your truck is a 93) you should just run the computer and fuel injectors out of a 87-88 thunderbird turbo coupe. They are 35 lb/hr (but LOW IMPEDANCE) and the computer is matched for them on a 2.3 turbo. The turbocoupes ran 15 psi stock so i don't see what the concern is for the turbo itself.

The 60 L/hr ranger fuel pump really isn't enough for 15 PSI. The turbocoupe ones were either 90 or 110, I forget. Any walbro 190 or 255 L/hr pump for a 5.0 mustang will fit the ranger (or just about any other ford from that era). However, when I did it, I had to run a larger diameter fuel return line because the little stocker was causing too much resistance at the higher flow rate and driving up my fuel pressure.

skyy_4life

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3 turbo
Transmission
Manual
yea my turbo truck is going great. i got a new engine though alrdy.

rurouni20xx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
sweet glad to hear progress my project is being slowed drastically from outside factors (money and time to do research from getting my 2.3 dd going right.) and for info purposes to help out, ill be running a 170 lph fuel pump and 42# injectors on my 3.0 for approx 300hp, to help you size your injectors and pump size you can go to rogueperformance.com and go to fuel system mods and do the math there. high impedence injectors generate a lot of heat in your computer from added voltage output to fire the injectors, best to go w/ a low impedence setup w/ your stock computer to make sure your computer will last. if your running an ems (megasquirt, aem, etc.) you can use high impedence injectors w/ little problems so long as the computer can breathe.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals