• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2.8 carb issues (yay!)

hvacdave16

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford of course
Transmission
Automatic
I have a recently aquired 85 bronc 2 with a slight issue. The bowl overflows at idle. so obviously i have adjusted the float but it still happens. when i take the top of the carb off (and put my finger over the hole that is now a vac leak with the top off) the float stops the gas just fine. but when i bolt the top on again it over flows into the intake and sputters and all that. i have stopped all vac leaks and made myself a new vac canister but to no avail. all help appreciated dave ......oh, carb was just rebuilt.

Nipplechops

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L Turbo
Transmission
Manual
Which carb is it? The stocker 2150 feedback or a plain old 2150?

I had a similar issue after I used a cheap rebuild kit in my old carb. Turned out that the bowl cover/choke body gasket was made of poor quality material. Basically the gasoline caused the gasket material to bow down into the float bowl and keep the float needle from closing completely. Took me forever to pin pont what was causing the issue. I had to modify the gasket to make it work.

I eventually bought a rebuilt carb and haven't had an issue since.

Oh, and this was on a plain 2150 non-feedback carb. I had Durasparked my 2.8L beforehand. I believe the feeback 2150 has some sort of float level control that may be causing your issues. My familiarity with that particular carb is a bit lacking though.

Hope this helps.

hvacdave16

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford of course
Transmission
Automatic
it is the stock feedback 2150 do you know what part is the level controller?

Nipplechops

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L Turbo
Transmission
Manual
If I remember correctly it is on the backside of the throttlebody. It is controlled by manifold vacuum. As for how it works, I have no idea. The only reason why I even remember it is because someone on the old TRS boards kept the 2150 feedback unit after a Duraspark conversion and rigged it with a small vacuum pump to compensate for altitude changes (I think).

It was a long time ago so there may be a bit of misinformation there. I can't remember the guy's name that did it, but it was a neat project!

hvacdave16

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford of course
Transmission
Automatic
hmm... i'll look through my carb book and see if i can figure out how to manipulate/delete this feature.

any more ideas?!!!!!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals