• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1997 F250 Powerstroke

Mr 85Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L
Transmission
Automatic
This is my 1997 Ford F-250HD 7.3 Powerstroke, 5spd, 2wd, and 175,*** miles. Picked it up about a year ago for $6000. It's scary fast and TONS of power. I haven't dona any mods to it yet except for cut the exhaust off at the end of the turbo down pipe.

Couple of pics

\
Before The new Tires I got Today

Here's a couple of vids from youtube-Yes I sound stupid in the vids, but who doesn't? EDIT: DON'T KNOW HOW TO POST VIDEO WHERE YOU CAN WATCH IT HERE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xusz-P0WVk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPXWQalOROM

RoidedRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
NICE. :icon_thumby:

time for a programmer (i loved my EDGE evo on my 97 when it was stock) and get rid of that non-flowing downpipe and put a 3" with a 4" exhaust (i loved my BULLY DOG system on mine). :headbang:

Mr 85Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L
Transmission
Automatic
NICE. :icon_thumby:

time for a programmer (i loved my EDGE evo on my 97 when it was stock) and get rid of that non-flowing downpipe and put a 3" with a 4" exhaust (i loved my BULLY DOG system on mine). :headbang:

Yea, I plan on getting rid of the downpipe as soon as I can. Probably will put stacks on the truck for exhaust (Alot of people don't like them but I do). As far as a chip/programmer I will probably go with a ts 6 position chip. I would like to find a lift for it even though its a 2wd I like the look of a lifted rig.

RoidedRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
TS is definatly the way to go for chipping these trucks you just dont hav the ability to check/clear DTCs. also that chip is going to drain your high pressure oil and put a strain on your fuel system.

good mods to do to gain some HP and drivability is get a highpressure oil pump(HPOP) out of a superduty, thy hav a higher flow rate than OBS ones. also a superduty electric fuel pump conversion is a nice upgrade.:icon_thumby:

PS- diesel mods are VERY addictive so be careful. once you add somthing you get to researching and end up wanting to go bigger.

Cummins_Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
PS- diesel mods are VERY addictive so be careful. once you add somthing you get to researching and end up wanting to go bigger.
i would have to agree with that... and its not cheap once you get the small things done

Mr 85Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L
Transmission
Automatic
i would have to agree with that... and its not cheap once you get the small things done
Yea, I know. I've been looking at some stuff that I would like for the truck and the wish/want list keeps growing. +I'm only 20 and that kind of $$ is hard to come by for me.

RoidedRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
when i first got the truck i posted i was in high school. within a few months i was taking the motor out and doing a whole rebuild with stage I 160cc injectors, modified IDM, new billet torque converter, and tranny shift kit. later on i blew the stock turbo pushing 40psi of boost, so on went the H2E turbo kit and an intercooler. then the headgaskets decided to go, so studs went in. also had a superduty oil pump, ceramic coated manifolds and up pipes, ported turbine housing, and SCT XCAL3 with custom tunes.

i was also sled pulling ALOT with it, which didnt help things at all.:icon_rofl:

Mr 85Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L
Transmission
Automatic
when i first got the truck i posted i was in high school. within a few months i was taking the motor out and doing a whole rebuild with stage I 160cc injectors, modified IDM, new billet torque converter, and tranny shift kit. later on i blew the stock turbo pushing 40psi of boost, so on went the H2E turbo kit and an intercooler. then the headgaskets decided to go, so studs went in. also had a superduty oil pump, ceramic coated manifolds and up pipes, ported turbine housing, and SCT XCAL3 with custom tunes.

i was also sled pulling ALOT with it, which didnt help things at all.:icon_rofl:
Man must be nice. But I'm an out of work Landscaper right now. With this economy everyone has started doing their own yards again. Can't seem to pick up anything else around me

RoidedRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Man must be nice. But I'm an out of work Landscaper right now. With this economy everyone has started doing their own yards again. Can't seem to pick up anything else around me
yea nice for pop to give me an empty credit card with WAY too much limit for me to use and pay off. 17 year old kid with a credit card and theinternet is a bad combo.:shok:

but on the plus side i had a pretty quick diesel truck.:headbang:

RangerBoy94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
360CDI
Transmission
Automatic
My dad has a 93 I absolutly love that truck. Too bad its a 2wd. But awesome truck anyways.

Mr 85Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L
Transmission
Automatic
yea nice for pop to give me an empty credit card with WAY too much limit for me to use and pay off. 17 year old kid with a credit card and theinternet is a bad combo.:shok:

but on the plus side i had a pretty quick diesel truck.:headbang:
I hear ya on that! Never have had a credit card and don't plan on gettin one for awhile or I'll be in debt up to my eyeballs:icon_surprised:

My dad has a 93 I absolutly love that truck. Too bad its a 2wd. But awesome truck anyways.
Yea it sucks its 2wd but I plan on converting it to 4wd on my own when I get all the parts.:icon_bounceblue:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals