• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Any cell phone junkies? Looking for a new phone.

compleckz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i recently smashed my Nokia 6102, so i'm looking for something new. i'm pretty much willing to spend around $200 or so, and also willing to wait and find a deal on one (have a spare phone i can use in the meantime).. i'm not really big into the cell world, so i don't know what all is out there, and whats good/bad.

i'd like to get a phone similar to the sony 810i, or nokia 6300..

i love the looks of the sony:

nokia 6300 isnt as stylish:

i want a phone with a good/decent camera, because i almost always have my cell with me, but never a camera when i really need one. the 2 phones i listed above have like a 2MP camera, and i've seen some pics taken by an 810i and i like them.

also i'd like to have a phone with an mp3 layer built in, most likely with expandable memory.. i've been wanting an mp3 player, and a camera, but dont REALLY have a big need for them.. so if i can get all 3 things in one, that'd be cool.

the sony connects to a pc via usb cable which comes with it, the nokia i already have the cable (bought seperately).. the sony uses memory sticks, the nokia used microsd's..

i understand it wont be as good as having 3 separate devices, but i will really only use the mp3 player like when mowing the lawn, maybe occasionally hook it up to my stereo when i wanna hear a new song i've downloaded and dont want to burn a cd. the camera will be used like when i go to the store and see a nice truck in the lot, or go offroad on a whim and didnt grab a cam... you get the point?

so, sorry for the long post, but does anyone have any advice on what to get/reviews of either of the phones listed? i've only been looking into this for about 1/2 an hour, so im still a n00b. but i am open to other phones with similar features..

heres the poor quality of my old phone's pictures/example of when i wish i had a good camera:

LearjetMinako

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 140ci
Transmission
Manual
Its not a poor picture. In fact its PRICELESS. At least you have a camera phone. I'm still using a cell-phone from my high school days (2001-2004).

But not too worry, I'm in the same problem as you. I got my choice on a Motorola KRZR Z1.

dude772

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
ive got the w810i, and its all i use to take pictures, came with a 1 gig memory card and i got a free 4gig card as a promotional offer. its got a flash on it which isn't the best but it helps alot. Expecially when i need a flashlight real quick.

The headphones it comes with are THE BEST i have EVER had! ive got 1 slightly deformed ear and i cant find any bud earphones that will fit in both ears and stay, but these have different rubber bits that attach to the ear piece. i thought that was awesome.

always good reception compared to my old motorola v300, because of that phone i will never buy motorola again...

Another bonus for the phone, you can buy a sony brand car charger that will allow you to still plug in accessories like the headphone adapter wired up to the aux input for the stereo and i can play my tunes from my phone in my car and charge it at the same time. I have found you can also do this with a regular cheap car charger and the sony desktop charger mounted somewhere in the car. The adapter has 3 inputs, charger, usb, and headphones.

Everthing said and done, i love my w810, and i would only trade it for a newer sony!
(before the w810, i had the w600 it was also nice, but it was bulky and had some white screen of death issues that weren't that hard to deal with, it was the warrenty that i bought that was the problem.)

jv982

Reaction score
I also have the sony w810i... I am very happy with it and do not have any compaints.

compleckz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
well i just won one on ebay for $192 shipped brand new! i bid on multiple ones in the past few days, but once they went past $200 i quit.. the cheapeast one i saw went for $250, the most expensive was like $277..

so im stoked.. im grabbing an adapter like this for about $4:

i have my sirius hooked up in both through aux input in both my ranger and my impreza, so i can unplug it from the sirus and hook it into my phone now!

milje

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
That looks like a pretty nice phone.

I'm trying to find one when my dad's cell contract expires (I'm on a partner plan with him), Cell One has a Sony W200a free after $50 rebate, if it's still available when he has to renew (I think it's coming up soon), I'm gonna get one. Sounds like people here like the Sony's, so that's good.

I suppose I should ask, anyone know if they're any good?

milje

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
How's the new phone? Any samples of the pictures? I may be interested in getting a new phone sometime soon and wouldn't mind one with a nice camera.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals