• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Blower Bracket Mods

anupaum

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I took the mounting bracket to my favorite fabrication shop today in order to have it cut to fit the back of the supercharger. They ended up having to cut off the entire cross piece (which I had especially made for the back of the blower bracket to strengthen it and allow for the installation of slots where the bolt holes had been) because the cooling fins of the M 90 still crunched up against the bracket, rendering the slots I had installed to align the blower pulley essentially useless . . .

I've spent an hour grinding down three of the back cooling fins and it now fits on top of the bracket, but just so. I'll have to use some washers to raise the supercharger up by a few millimeters in order to utilize the back slots as they were intended to be used! Hopefully I can align the pulley properly when I'm done . . .

What a pain!

I'm hoping to reinstall the mounting bracket tomorrow afternoon and check to see if the supercharger fits properly when I'm done.

TireIron

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Good luck, I hope it sits right for ya...

Dave R

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Kaiser
Transmission
Manual
Dang, if that's your idea of a 'favorite fab shop'......

Should have sent it down here. I could have used my spare M90 as a test mule.

Ah well, what ever works in the end.

How long you figure before your up and boosting again?

anupaum

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Dang, if that's your idea of a 'favorite fab shop'......

Should have sent it down here. I could have used my spare M90 as a test mule.
Sometimes I DO wish you lived a bit closer . . .

How long you figure before you're up and boosting again?
I have a friend who is supposed to be making a throttle cable bracket for me, but every time I ask him about it he says he's too busy . . . I also need to figure out how to plumb in the bypass valve. Those are the two big setbacks right now, provided I can actually get the supercharger pulley to line up properly!

I could have everything back together again in a single day if I had all of these issues resolved.

pony-up

Reaction score
So how'd that work out? I imagine you'll be using some of the 3-day weekend to line things back up. I've said it before, the way you pursue the solutions is an inspiration. My project is in about 8th or 9th place in line. Everyday I walk by the stack of turbo parts in my garage and stare longingly. Your situation reminded me to take some time out and pursue some of my own details.

anupaum

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
So how'd that work out? I imagine you'll be using some of the 3-day weekend to line things back up. I've said it before, the way you pursue the solutions is an inspiration. My project is in about 8th or 9th place in line. Everyday I walk by the stack of turbo parts in my garage and stare longingly. Your situation reminded me to take some time out and pursue some of my own details.
It LOOKS like it will work. I did a test fit, but I haven't bolted anything up yet.

Two days ago I had a hard drive melt-down and getting my computer back up is taking up a lot of my spare time right now. Also, I've been hired to do contract teaching with a distance education school. I'm supposed to come up with a course outline, assignments and plan lessons, but I don't even know what I'm supposed to teach as of yet and school starts next Tuesday . . .

My life is . . . interesting . . .

jmzneal

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994 and 2007
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Staying busy is lifes easiest challenge...sounds like your carrying a full plate. Stay sane and get that truck put back together.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals