• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

89 BroncoII w/ 4.0Ltr swap cutting out above 2K

2FFords

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Howdy guys,

My broncoII with a 92 ranger 4.0 swapped in ran great up untill a month ago. It started to cut out on my on the freeway. only two or three bucks and backing off the gas would even it out and all would be well. Its getting worse as time has gone on. It was only in 5th gear first then 4th and tonight it was in 3rd under light acceleration. But not all the time, and the misses are geting longer in durationl. No movement i tach or any other guages.

Fuel pump, hanger and wiring pig tail; plugs, wires, and coil have less than 10k miles, as does MAF, No MAP sensor on vehicle. Oil fiter and fuel filter changed tonight. No change.

Im thinking fuel pressure regulator? Any suggestions would be great. Ive spent the last hour reading 40 pages of postings. Im spent. :dunno:

trail B2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Do 89's have 2 fuel pumps I know 86 and 87 does when one is going out weird things happen.Mine would drive about 7 miles then quite.The high pressure pump would pull fuel and vapor lock without the low pressure.First it cut out under more and more driving situations.

2FFords

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Single in tank fuel pump. Gonna try the Fuel Pressure Regulator.

2FFords

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Fuel Pressure Regulator seems to have solved the problem. Thanks Ya'll

:beer:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals