• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Anyone withing 150 miles of SE South Dak. Bronco Swap help.

jdflatten

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I've got a 86 bronco that is in pretty good condition body wise. However it has sat for the past 6 years, and I have a sneaking suspicion it has a cracked head. Looks like some got her hot. It's got a new water pump on it blowing bubbles out the radiator etc etc.

I got it up and running, got some good gas in it. Plugs, wires, fuel filter, hp fuel pump, and it still ran like crap, spit sputter, ran ok at about 3500RPM's that it, then it finally completely died on me, and wont start.

Soooo.. Instead of sinking any money or parts into this 2.9 and getting it running for what little time is left in it...................................................................................................................

I also have a 91 Explorer that I have owned for about 15 years. When I got it , it had a fresh rebuilt motor and transmission in it. Mechanically, the motor and tranny are in good shape. Other wise, the damn thing is falling apart around itself.

I DO NOT have the time, patience, tools, facilities, know how, etc to do an engine swap, and I don't know many people around this area.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to someone within a couple hours of Sioux Falls SD or Sioux City IA, that would be interested in working something out? Preferrably someone who has done this particular swap before??

If I can't go this route, I'm going to try a couple more things to get it running with the 2.9 and if I fail, I'm going to sell it, so if your looking for one, keep an eye out on the classifieds.

Thanks in advance,

Josh

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals