• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Bronco II prerunner?

The Jester Race

OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987, 2009
Make / Model
Ford, BMW
Engine Size
2.9, 4.0
Transmission
Manual
What do you think? Ive seen a couple of pictures floating around, and I like the looks of it. I think I would build mine to be a prerunner, but I live in northern California and there arnt exactly alot of deserts in NorCal.

-Jester

84projectFORD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i think it would look cool and be different. the only prob with the BII's is the short wheel base so when you start to hit some good size whoops you actually start to go inside them and jump them rather than skip across the tops of them if you know what i mean.

canyoncritter

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Willys,Ford,Jee
Transmission
Manual
I see no real problems with one.granted they are a little short for a ideal race truck,but for a prerunner or multi use platform they can work very well.

IF your in nor.cal, just make sure to build a 4x4 one.starting to see more and more desert type of set ups out on the trail in pics.Thats why I went with a 4x4 this time around. I wanted a multi purpose truck.

yeah I know its a exp. the b2's big brother, but just to show desert trucks can still be trail trucks....

The Jester Race

OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987, 2009
Make / Model
Ford, BMW
Engine Size
2.9, 4.0
Transmission
Manual
Im from Sacramento.

Thats a sweet lookin exploder, just courious how those fiberglass fenders will hold up in the rocks. I have a feeling that the first time they touch a rock they will be ripped to shreads....maybe? anybody make metal flared fenders?

-Jester

canyoncritter

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Willys,Ford,Jee
Transmission
Manual
really fiberglass is pretty durable. and has alittle give to it. It will crack or break vs bend and dent like steel.

dont know of anyone that dose fender's in steel.

The Jester Race

OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987, 2009
Make / Model
Ford, BMW
Engine Size
2.9, 4.0
Transmission
Manual
I dont really like the idea of cracking or breaking if I spend $500 on a fender:shok:

What kind of suspension are people running in the B2 for prerunners or multi use trucks? James Duff? Coilovers? Lookin for ideas so I can start building.

-Jester

ckblum

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Manual
Fiberglass is pretty tough, it takes an impact by bending, not just shattering. It bounces if you watch any videos on youtube of desert trucks wiping out. Plus its cheaper to repair (or sometimes buy) a damaged fiberglass fender than to get a metal one fixed. At $300 a pair you can even order single sides at a time.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals