• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Wiring harness removal question...

shadman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
Got the engine pulled from the 91 explorer 4x4 to go into the 89 broncoii.
What is the best way to remove the wiring harness. Looks like it goes into the cab on the left and right side of the firewall.

another question, where exactly is the ecm/computer located on the explorer and broncoii?

AllanD

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987... sorta
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
'93 4.0
Transmission
Manual
It goes through the firewall on the passenger side but youcan "pop" the grommet and push the 60pin connector (to the PCM) through the firewall, but you must detach it from the PCM first (there's a 10mm bolt) there's also a little power feed harness to the heater controls that must be detached.

On the drivers side it only goes TO the firewall, there's a 10mm bolt in the center of the big connector.

when I'm removing or installing a wiring harness I always start at the passenger side kick panel where the PCM is located on gen2 Rangers and 1st gen explorers.

AD

cowboy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
'91 Explorer 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
I'm in the middle of doing the exact same swap. Got the motor in tonight, already put the wiring harness and comp in. I think I made a mistake because I changed the headlight harness, motor harness, heater harness, and pcm but I am not getting any response from my fuel pump and I seem to be getting "some" power to the insides but not all. I'm trying to figure out exactly what to do now. So if you come up with anything I could sure use any advice you come up with.

Thanks,
Cowboy

Well today I swapped the b2 light harness back in and now I have all my lights and stuff inside the cab working again but my motor won't turn over and my fuel pump still isn't working. I am truly at a loss as to where to go next.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals