• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

04 ranger billet grill install

rangerjunk

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Exactly like that :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Use the search function. This was just brought up a few weeks ago. Easy install.

johnday

Reaction score
Barton City Michigan, under a rock or log. Where
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
When I die, I want to go where the dogs are.
The search function works very well, but I've got some time to answer.
On the top of the grille surround, there are 5, I think, screws you need to take out. Now, look behind the grille, and you'll see a couple sheetmetal fingers, S clips I think they're called. Just pull out gently, and the whole surround will be in your hands. Look where the grille insert is attached to the surround. You'll see some rectangular fingers, molded into the surround. I used a Dremel tool with a saw type disc, and cut them off. Be careful to keep the cut flush with the backside of the surround. Then mount your hardware to the new grille, I used poprivets. Lay the surround face down on cardboard, or something that won't scratch it, line up your brackets you just riveted, drill holes, and rivet the new grille in place. Just take your time, it's pretty self evident what to do once you get it off the truck.
A thing to keep in mind when riveting. Place the washer/wide side of the rivet on the plastic surround, and the expanding end into the grille.
I think I'll look up that thread/post myself, just to see if they did it right!LOL!!
I'm joking there guys, don't get your panties where they don't belong!!!:beer::beer:
Sorry, no photos, sorta hard to get a camera in there, but you'll see what to do.

rangerjunk

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Wow sounds pretty easy thanks

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals